1963 Datsun 320 kingcab

DRIVEN

Re: 1963 Datsun 320 kingcab

Postby DRIVEN » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:40 pm

Anything new on this one?
When the only tool you have is a hammer every problem starts to look like a hippy.
wayno

Postby wayno » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:08 pm

DRIVEN wrote:Anything new on this one?

I have been working on the turbocharger for the 521 kingcab the last few weeks, I hate body work so I think of things to do other than body work.
I had a great day today with the 521 kingcab, I went on a 220 mile round trip with it today, just got back, see the 521 kingcab thread, by the way did I mention I will think of things to do other than body work? :lol:
“The difference between genius and stupidly is that genius has its limits” Albert Einstein
DRIVEN

Postby DRIVEN » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:10 pm

I completely understand. Completely.
When the only tool you have is a hammer every problem starts to look like a hippy.
wayno

Postby wayno » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:48 pm

I need to find someone that knows how to do body work that works for a reasonable price, I will pay a reasonable wage, otherwise this truck is not likely going to get to Canby, I would rather clean my house than sand on this truck.
I have a month or two more to take Plavix, then I am off of that shit, then I can take Ibuprofen again as I have inflammatory issues with my hands(carpel tunnel), if I sand even one day my hands go numb at night and wake me up, if I am working hard pressure washing, they can go numb every night for days, they even go numb while I am working, but sometimes I am so cold I cannot even tell till it warms up outside.
I am getting to be a whino instead of a wayno lately. :lol:
“The difference between genius and stupidly is that genius has its limits” Albert Einstein
wayno

Postby wayno » Sat May 06, 2017 10:02 pm

I talked to the Artist last week and offered him good money to come over and get this cab top and the sides decently smooth and primed, I told him I just needed decent, not perfect, he said he had a week or a little more of work and he would come over and do it, at least that is what he said, we shall see if it actually happens, I told him I wanted it done by June 1st, he's not good with deadlines, that is why I call him the artist.
wayno

Postby wayno » Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:21 pm

I was at the neighbors talking to a guy tonight and mentioned my diesel not running correctly, he looked at it and shrugged, he knew nothing about diesels.
I mentioned I was looking for a body guy to work on this truck and he made me an offer that sounded to good to be true, I told him he needed to come back during the day and take a real good look at it without all the stuff on it, he said he was coming back tomorrow at 1pm, i will have it out of the garage.
I also showed the guy that this truck E1 engine missed if the plug wire was off #4 plug, it also missed if the plug wire was pushed all the way on the #4 plug, but if I got the wire just close enough for it to arc to the plug the miss went away and it runs perfect, he switched wires with number #3 plug and it still missed on #4 plug with the #3 wire, it's very strange, I suspect it has something to do with the plug or the wire being the wrong ohm type, even though it was the right type for the MG engine.
wayno

Postby wayno » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:05 pm

This is interesting the early 1965 Datsun 1500 fuel tank sender is the same as the Datsun 320 truck sender, this is important info as the Datsun Roadster does have aftermarket support.

Return to “320”