Replacing a Standard Cab 620's Bench Seat

METSystem

Replacing a Standard Cab 620's Bench Seat

Post by METSystem » Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:11 pm

Let's face the general facts of the matter. . . When these bench seats were brand new, they were not the height of luxury! I had a 1978 that I bought in 1979 (my avatar), so I know.

Now that my 1977 Datsun Pickup is just that a 77. . . Holy crap! How did 37 years get by me? Anyway, since so much time has passed, does anyone know of a simple conversion that will put a "Split bench" or bucket seats in these trucks? Unfortunately, it's not a King Cab, but as the warmer temps begin to arrive, I have great things in mind for my little yellow toy, but driving in comfort would be a nice boon to the truck as a whole!

Let me know!
There comes a time when reliving your youth, requires the acquisition of a Datsun, like the one you drove in high school and the other one when you were just done with college. The issue then becomes. . . Fitting again, behind the wheel!

izzo
Site Admin
Title: Save a pimp, Rent a bitch.
Cars: Too many

Re: Replacing a Standard Cab 620's Bench Seat

Post by izzo » Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:52 pm

METSystem wrote:Let's face the general facts of the matter. . . When these bench seats were brand new, they were not the height of luxury! I had a 1978 that I bought in 1979 (my avatar), so I know.

Now that my 1977 Datsun Pickup is just that a 77. . . Holy crap! How did 37 years get by me? Anyway, since so much time has passed, does anyone know of a simple conversion that will put a "Split bench" or bucket seats in these trucks? Unfortunately, it's not a King Cab, but as the warmer temps begin to arrive, I have great things in mind for my little yellow toy, but driving in comfort would be a nice boon to the truck as a whole!

Let me know!

I don't. Always wondered if the ford ranger would work ok? I like the seats. just not the red or blue ones. lol, they have some grey cloth ones with stripes that look pretty good. (from the 80s and 90s rangers)

These are from a 2000+ ranger.. They are comfy, i can attest to that (gf's dad has a '12 ranger)
8========D ~~~ ( o Y o )
jayden71: titty ponk
devilsbullet wrote: 1400 obo. and best offer doesn't mean 300 bucks you cheap bastards

z chopper
Cars: possible '72 1200 coupe very soon.

Re: Replacing a Standard Cab 620's Bench Seat

Post by z chopper » Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:04 pm

I have always like the seats from an 84 Fiero as they have speakers in the head rests and considering the minimal space in the cab of a datsun reg cab.....