Global Moderator
Title: DJ Jazzy Lou
Cars: Boo no 510 lol

Re: --- My Blue 240z ---

Post by 510freak » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:43 am

:?
Damn Blue, sorry to hear about this.
hope it can be repaired
Taterhead » Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:35 am wrote:[quote="Taterhead » Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:41 pm

Sorry, I was channeling my inner flatcat.

K_trip
Cars: DATSUN
67 Bluebird R16/5spd
71 510 Goon L16/4spd
74 Li'l Hustler L16/4spd

Post by K_trip » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:35 am

That sucks big time ... I know it won't be easy, but post some pictures when you're up for it. :|

Taterhead
Cars: '71 510 - Mine
'72 510 - Sons

Post by Taterhead » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:55 am

Although it does blow, with your skill and mindset, I'm sure it'll be fine.

ArchetypeDatsun
Cars: 1979 Datsun 810 Wagon
1984 Datsun Maxima Sedan
Datsun 521

Post by ArchetypeDatsun » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:03 am

Sucks to hear about that buddy :(

BLUE
Cars: (3) s30's , (2) s130's

Post by BLUE » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:50 am

My wrath of bitching continues below ... damn do I bitch !!! :shock:

izzo » Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:48 pm wrote:Ouch man. Sorry to hear that.

Now it needs some body work, too :|
Thanks Tim ! me to.

Yeah for sure :|

Do you think I can pound out that dent with a premium set of dildos ? :|
draker wrote:I feel your pain... Same shit happened to me this past summer. Car has low roofline and people are fucking stupid.... I was irrate also. Quotes $700 to fix.... Still dented.

Sorry to hear it man. Good people don't deserve this shit. Insult to I hurt is no notes left behind..... Dicks.
Thanks Craig , and fuck man I'm sorry to hear that happened to you , and Jesus you or your car doesn't deserve that bull shit. I fucking hate it when people don't leave any contact info. Was it your 510 or the 300zx ? Damn it !!! I've left my z's unlocked , and had mexicans or white-trash fuckers go through them numerous times , but that's different. Mutual pain empathy level 8 achieved. :(

This recent small event is a flashback as when I bought , and drove home my yellow z .. I parked it , register/tags , washed/waxed it , put new shoes on , vacuumed , parked way the hell away from fuckers , and ... just 2-weeks in of my ownership .... an F-150 backed STRAIGHT INTO THE FRONT .... $2700-3400 estimate of damage. More than the car was worth , and I didn't even get a chance to do the appraisal for insurance per my insurance agent. The guy paid for it , but I fucking lost it in the guys face...... looking back it was an "accident" just STUPID careless shit.

Hell I've had my pickup backed into 3 times. Only one time did the guy come tell me , and tried to pay for the repairs. He thought a $100 would cover it (tailight) , but the corner of the bed got fucked up lol. I told him no sweat don't need the dough thanks much for telling me ,and I had a spare light in the garage (I didn't but it was like $22 on amazon + hammer + wood + slide-hammer = done ). The pickup wasn't worth anything just is reliable lol.
RedBanner wrote:Ooh man pops..sorry. I also have been hit while parked and it sucks. No chance to swerve out of an idiots way even. Damn damn damn damn!
Thanks Son ! Jesus I'm sorry to hear that !!! Damn it we all give it much good karma , and it shits in the face as of late it feels like. Fuck man !! I hope it wasn't your 1200 or any of your datsuns. fuck fuck fuck. :(
Laecaon wrote:That does blow. At least its before paint and not after...
Indeed it does Jacob , and you sir are absolutely correct. This could be a shitload worse by far , and this thing is like one of my children. Thanks I would tend to agree !
DRIVEN wrote:Bummer. Sounds like it's totalled. I'll give you scrap value + $50 for it.
hahahaha :lol: ............ honeslty I've seriously considered selling or passing them along to someone that would finish the things if this shit keeps happening to them. I'm bitching a lot , but I'm a big wimp as I can't stand watching this happen again & again. Fuck my truck or volvo .. don't give a shit if those get dings/dents really (I like them , but their not my 41 yr old gems or at least they are to me lol).
510freak wrote::?
Damn Blue, sorry to hear about this.
hope it can be repaired
Thanks Lou ! That makes two of us.
It probably can be , and I'm over-reacting like a school girl yet it's a pain in the fuck ass.
K_trip wrote:That sucks big time ... I know it won't be easy, but post some pictures when you're up for it. :|
Thanks K-trip ! Absolutely it does.
I'll try to post some pictures when I'm not as irritated.
Taterhead wrote:Although it does blow, with your skill and mindset, I'm sure it'll be fine.
Thanks James ! I appreciate the compliments bud , yet my body work skills are equivalent of a 3-4 yr old with a hammer + play-doh .... going at it while the grown ups arn't watching. Yeah it probably will be just fine.
ArchetypeDatsun wrote:Sucks to hear about that buddy :(
Thanks Jorge ! It does , and the first thing I thought of was my other z getting hit in the front as well as your old copper zx man. I'm sorry that happened to you. Almost no one deserves that kind of crap.

I mean really .... if my Volvo or pickup got hit like this (pickup has been hit like this a few times lol )
I'd be slightly off , but wouldn't care as much = disposable in a sense.
I'm over-reacting really , and didn't mean to fill this thread with my bullshit non-related to the car really.
Taking off my panty's , and putting on big boy pants now.
Damn I bitch a lot ....... I mean a LOT
Think I'm on my Manic cycle as of late , so that might explain some shit lol.
Sorry for the waste of time guys , and it's appreciated. :thumbs:

Do more Datsun work Blue ..... do moar work !
DRIVEN » Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:24 am wrote:
1. Make progress until broke.
2. Go make mo money.
3. Repeat.

DRIVEN

Post by DRIVEN » Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:12 am

Venting is necessary and you'll never find a more sympathetic group.
When the only tool you have is a hammer every problem starts to look like a hippy.

510freak
Global Moderator
Title: DJ Jazzy Lou
Cars: Boo no 510 lol

Post by 510freak » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:12 am

Vent all you want Blue
Taterhead » Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:35 am wrote:[quote="Taterhead » Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:41 pm

Sorry, I was channeling my inner flatcat.

draker
Cars: 1969 Datsun 510 - 4 door
1971 Datsun 510 - 2 door
1992 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo
2002 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4

Post by draker » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:40 pm

Thanks Craig , and fuck man I'm sorry to hear that happened to you , and Jesus you or your car doesn't deserve that bull shit. I fucking hate it when people don't leave any contact info. Was it your 510 or the 300zx ? Damn it !!! I've left my z's unlocked , and had mexicans or white-trash fuckers go through them numerous times , but that's different. Mutual pain empathy level 8 achieved. :(
The Z.

ArchetypeDatsun
Cars: 1979 Datsun 810 Wagon
1984 Datsun Maxima Sedan
Datsun 521

Post by ArchetypeDatsun » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:19 am

We've all been there man at times we want to kill the person responsible because they thing it's an easy fix when in reality it is not always that simple.

BLUE

Post by BLUE » Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:33 am

Thanks guys it's appreciated , and condolences on the Z Draker .. I love me twin turbos .. that sucks balls.

It has a "compound" ? (wonder if that's the right term) curve on the dent at the bottom/top leading edges.
I was initially hoping it wouldn't have those folded over creases , but they are present (hard to see in the pics).
I'm going to keep my eyes peeled for another door , and just leave it for the moment.
Oddly enough I was swearing , touching , and looking at the car on my lunch hours to take pics when a body guy (suppose) came up , gave compliments , and said he could fix it. Looked at it .. said it would be not that bad .. then retracted his statement to say he would actually have to work with it a bit. No quote just a number. Who knows.

Sorry pics are from my phone taken kinda quickly.

Image20141023_143540 by 71240z, on Flickr

Image20141023_143615 by 71240z, on Flickr

Image20141023_143751 by 71240z, on Flickr

Image20141023_143842 by 71240z, on Flickr

I'll try to fix it or just have someone else do it if it's feasible for me.
For the very moment just gonna leave the fawker alone since my bodywork capabilities rival that of a 5yr old with play-doh on the kitchen table.
The doors on this car I'm pretty sure didn't have any bondo on them .. which is rare with the ones I've seen , owned , or worked on.
2. Go make mo money.
3. Repeat.

DRIVEN

Post by DRIVEN » Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:08 am

Beware the unsolicited bodywork quote. You should choose who fixes it for you.

It looks like a soft push but it's not uncommon for one spot to react on another. There might be a reinforcement in there adding to the mix. That door certainly looks saveable to me. It just needs someone with some skill to fix it.
When the only tool you have is a hammer every problem starts to look like a hippy.

draker
Cars: 1969 Datsun 510 - 4 door
1971 Datsun 510 - 2 door
1992 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo
2002 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4

Post by draker » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:42 am

Fuck....

Taterhead
Cars: '71 510 - Mine
'72 510 - Sons

Post by Taterhead » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:10 am

Monkeynuts.

That's what it blows.

K_trip
Cars: DATSUN
67 Bluebird R16/5spd
71 510 Goon L16/4spd
74 Li'l Hustler L16/4spd

Post by K_trip » Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:37 pm

BLUE wrote:I'm going to keep my eyes peeled for another door , and just leave it for the moment.
THIS SUCKS (not like you needed someone to tell you that) - if you can find a nice door, I think that's a smart move (for now).
BLUE wrote:Oddly enough I was swearing , touching , and looking at the car on my lunch hours to take pics when a body guy (suppose) came up , gave compliments , and said he could fix it. Looked at it .. said it would be not that bad .. then retracted his statement to say he would actually have to work with it a bit. No quote just a number. Who knows.
DRIVEN wrote:Beware the unsolicited bodywork quote. You should choose who fixes it for you.
+1
BLUE wrote:The doors on this car I'm pretty sure didn't have any bondo on them .. which is rare with the ones I've seen , owned , or worked on.
Whatever you do, don't throw that door away ... it sure looks like it can be saved (some day in the future).

This sucks, but as you know - it could have been worse. At least the uni-body didn't get touched. I wish you luck in finding a nice replacement door!

BLUE

Post by BLUE » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:25 pm

DRIVEN wrote:Beware the unsolicited bodywork quote. You should choose who fixes it for you.

It looks like a soft push but it's not uncommon for one spot to react on another. There might be a reinforcement in there adding to the mix. That door certainly looks saveable to me. It just needs someone with some skill to fix it.
Indeed. I wasn't all that thrilled to begin with , then thought "ahhh what the hell he might give me an idea how much that''ll sorta cost + tack on 100%-200% later for possibly other shops on and good to go ? " I wasn't horribly impressed by what he said non-related to body work thereafter that would affect his ability....
The guy that I've worked with before paints cars for one business then does it after hours by referral only (real strict like).
I'm gonna have to call him again once ducks are in a row early next year.

Double indeed. You said it exactly how I was thinking it the first time... " It just needs someone with some skill to fix it " ... which is def not me
There is a reinforcement strip of some kind I *think* ? on the inside leading edge running front to rear in the center of that dent on the inside.
It is saveable I'm just being a big cry baby about it , and with 240z prices soaring through the heavens... I can't waste nor toss any parts.
draker wrote:Fuck....
Yup ! I said that at least twenty times when I first saw it. Puberty/grade school all over again.
Taterhead wrote:Monkeynuts.

That's what it blows.
Damn it James lol . Indeed !

Wait...my car doesn't blow Monkeynuts
:fry:

Ok it does ... *sobbing*
:fa:
K_trip wrote:
BLUE wrote:I'm going to keep my eyes peeled for another door , and just leave it for the moment.
THIS SUCKS (not like you needed someone to tell you that) - if you can find a nice door, I think that's a smart move (for now).
BLUE wrote:Oddly enough I was swearing , touching , and looking at the car on my lunch hours to take pics when a body guy (suppose) came up , gave compliments , and said he could fix it. Looked at it .. said it would be not that bad .. then retracted his statement to say he would actually have to work with it a bit. No quote just a number. Who knows.
+1
BLUE wrote:The doors on this car I'm pretty sure didn't have any bondo on them .. which is rare with the ones I've seen , owned , or worked on.
Whatever you do, don't throw that door away ... it sure looks like it can be saved (some day in the future).

This sucks, but as you know - it could have been worse. At least the uni-body didn't get touched. I wish you luck in finding a nice replacement door!
Triple Indeed K_trip !
Just everything around the shell of the door or attached (even hardware) is pretty valuable for my means.
Been looking , texting , emailing , and calling (when I can that matches other peoples schedules) for a spare that suits the car :thumbs:

Yes sir.... like you said the uni-body isn't touched , and it could have been a hell of a lot worse.
It's good thing the storage got upgraded last year.
Thanks man ! I wish me luck as well.. I'll need it
2. Go make mo money.
3. Repeat.

izzo
Site Admin
Title: Save a pimp, Rent a bitch.
Cars: Too many

Post by izzo » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:56 pm

Oh dear blue, where have you been :(
8========D ~~~ ( o Y o )
jayden71: titty ponk
devilsbullet wrote: 1400 obo. and best offer doesn't mean 300 bucks you cheap bastards

DRIVEN

Post by DRIVEN » Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:47 am

I was wondering the same thing just the other day.

Laecaon
Site Admin
Cars: '71 510 Wagon, 02 BMW 325i Wagon

Post by Laecaon » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:44 am

Me as well.