Indy's 1970 2dr 510 !!!SOLD!!!

Sell/buy your datsuns
Indy510

Indy's 1970 2dr 510 !!!SOLD!!!

Post by Indy510 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:38 pm

!!!SOLD!!! 1970 2dr 510 rolling shell For Sale: $1500 ... or $750 for a non-rolling shell, with no parts !!!SOLD!!!

This 510 runs and drives right now, but I need to sell it ASAP. It does not come with a motor or transmission. I can drive it around, to show potential buyers, in the North Bay, but I will not pull the motor until you agree to buy this 510 shell. I'm keeping the motor, transmission, drive-shaft, radiator, calipers/rotors, wiring harness, dashboard, seats, grill/headlights/trim, tailights, turn signals, both bumpers, fog lights, side vents, the hood, the white wheels/tires, and some other small parts.

WHAT YOU GET: for $1,500:
-a 1970 2dr rolling shell, on stock 13" steel wheels, with a clean California title.
-No motor, trans, drive-shaft, radiator, front brakes, grill, bumpers, etc. etc. (see above)
-All stock suspension, except for shortened 510 struts and cheap front coilovers
-good doors, all the glass, and newer weatherstripping on both windshields
-rusty trunk lid, with new trunk weatherstripping, and a clean fuel tank
-solid floor pans, good back seat, no wiring or dashboard
-good front cross-member and motor mounts for an L-series
-all steering components off a daily driver, with a good steering box brace
-a stock steering wheel, and a manual pedal-box
-Good brake and clutch master cylinders, right front brake line fitting is stripped
-Good rear cross-member, with working drum brakes, and stock rear springs/shocks
-Mediocre 69 front fenders, and a decent 69 front valence
-Fairly nice chrome liscence plate lights (the only lights/trim you get)

OPTION #2: for $750:
-None of the above parts
-Anything that can be un-bolted will be removed
-All you get is a bare shell, with front and rear windshields
-No doors, no suspension parts, no brake lines, no wires, no nothing.

THE BAD:
-This shell has been through alot. It's never going to be a show car, but it can be a fun project/driver.
-It used to have bubble flares, now it has 4dr fender lips welded on, still needs mini-tub patches welded in.
-Left rear quarter panel was replaced, over 20 years ago, along with the whole tailight panel and spare tire well.
-Firewall was welded up, after a previous engine swap. Seems solid enough after 10k miles.
-Once had BlueBird tailights. Now it has fiberglass/bondo over the larger holes, for the stock tailights to fit
-Left front floor pan was replaced fairly well. The front part of the rocker panel was never finished, and it has no seam to put a jack under now
-New T/C rod bushing 'cups' were welded in, which are thicker than stock; now I can't as much enough caster.
-Needs adjustable T/C rods, to have a proper alignment.
-All of the patina is fake, and most of the rust is 'fake rust' paint

Last edited by Indy510 on Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:43 pm, edited 14 times in total.

Indy510

Re: Indy's 1969 2dr 510 FS: $5k OLP (or less parts)

Post by Indy510 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:43 pm