Need float for a Nikki carb

wayno

Need float for a Nikki carb

Post by wayno » Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:11 pm

I am looking for a carburetor float for a 1962-65 320 Nikki carb, I will buy the whole carb or just the float, the float needs to be in good condition, mine has fuel in it, I fixed it once, but it is sinking again.
Let me know what you have and how much.
If anyone knows where I can buy one let me know.
“The difference between genius and stupidly is that genius has its limits” Albert Einstein

wayno

Re: Need float for a Nikki carb

Post by wayno » Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:07 pm

Well I took the float to my radiator guy that I have not seen in a while, I did not recognize anyone there, I showed him the float, he said it smelt like gas, I said it has gas inside it as it was sinking, he gave it back to me and said he would not work with anything that has gas in it.
I miss the days when people actually wanted work, now days they have bought into this, this, well whatever you want to call this day and age we are in.
I took it home and tried to fix it myself again, first thing I did was set it on the stove and turned the heat on and waited to see where the gas vapors came out, I kept watching it seeing nothing, I could hear it start to boil just before without any warning it actually blew up, no vapor coming out of anywhere, it did not expand or anything, it just popped it's seams.
It did not bend it at all, the only thing it did do is pop the mount off the tank.
So I went and bought a torch and tried to fix it myself again, I am not very good at it, it looks ugly but it is back together, but I think I need someone that knows what they are doing to do it over.
The first time I put heat on it to fix it a few years ago I could see the vapor coming out of the pin hole, don't understand what happened this time, it did not seem to have a hole, but the gas got in there somehow.
What did I learn from this, don't put a float with gas in it on the stove and turn the heat on unless you know what you are doing. lol

I am still looking for a float.
“The difference between genius and stupidly is that genius has its limits” Albert Einstein

jtinluvr
Cars: 66' SPL311
72' 521
72' B110

Post by jtinluvr » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:53 am

Wayno, there is a NOS one on ebay right now.

Mark

wayno

Post by wayno » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:58 am

jtinluvr » Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:53 am wrote:Wayno, there is a NOS one on ebay right now.

Mark

Are you talking about this one?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Datsun-E1-J13-N ... e3&vxp=mtr

This is what my float looks like.