Candy 2016

User avatar
Taterhead
Posts: 1753
Joined: Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:18 am
Cars: '71 510 - Mine
'72 510 - Sons
Location: Central Alabama

Re: Candy 2016

Postby Taterhead » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:39 am

:shock: :gscot: :sadtroll:
User avatar
Indy510
Posts: 904
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:14 am
Location: SF, Bay Area

Re: Candy 2016

Postby Indy510 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:57 am

:fa:
User avatar
izzo
Site Admin
Posts: 5630
Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:32 pm
Title: Save a pimp, Rent a bitch.
Cars: Too many
Location: Astoria, OR
Contact:

Re: Candy 2016

Postby izzo » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:20 pm

Ni10 wrote:
DRIVEN wrote: I just don't seem to care much about Datsuns lately.


boy, do I know what you mean. Like to include all vehicles.

I've been thinking maybe sell everything off and get a new truck like Blue did. :fyea:




Gimmy a list of rigs you're selling, or thinking about.....
8========D ~~~ ( o Y o )
jayden71: titty ponk

devilsbullet wrote: 1400 obo. and best offer doesn't mean 300 bucks you cheap bastards
User avatar
izzo
Site Admin
Posts: 5630
Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:32 pm
Title: Save a pimp, Rent a bitch.
Cars: Too many
Location: Astoria, OR
Contact:

Re: Candy 2016

Postby izzo » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:28 pm

Gonna be going to canby saturday morning. Who wants to meet at the walmart at the highway 205 entrance from I5 say around 9, maybe 10 and caravan...
8========D ~~~ ( o Y o )
jayden71: titty ponk

devilsbullet wrote: 1400 obo. and best offer doesn't mean 300 bucks you cheap bastards
User avatar
Laecaon
Site Admin
Posts: 3747
Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:21 pm
Cars: '71 510 Wagon, 02 BMW 325i Wagon
Location: PDX, West side.

Re: Candy 2016

Postby Laecaon » Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:19 pm

I need to figure out my plan. Im thinking Canby on Sunday. Its supposed to be sunny, and its the show day.
User avatar
Taterhead
Posts: 1753
Joined: Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:18 am
Cars: '71 510 - Mine
'72 510 - Sons
Location: Central Alabama

Re: Candy 2016

Postby Taterhead » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:15 am

izzo wrote:
Ni10 wrote:
DRIVEN wrote: I just don't seem to care much about Datsuns lately.


boy, do I know what you mean. Like to include all vehicles.

I've been thinking maybe sell everything off and get a new truck like Blue did. :fyea:




Gimmy a list of rigs you're selling, or thinking about.....


Dibs on the best kingcab 620.


JK, I'm so broke if it cost a nickel to shit I'd have to puke.







(The report was unintentional)
User avatar
jayden71
Posts: 7799
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:44 am
Title: Bewb Captain
Cars: '71 Viagra blue 521
'79 Patina KC 620
Location: Land of Po ta toes

Re: Candy 2016

Postby jayden71 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:05 am

Wheres the Canby pics??


:fry:


:fa:


:fuu:
DRIVEN » Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:30 pm wrote:I think Bill might be gettin laid.

Ni10 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:56 am wrote: all Datsuns ran when parked.
User avatar
flatcat19
Posts: 4683
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:53 am
Title: AKA Smoke
Cars: Smaller. Better. Slower. Lower.
Location: Where you aren't.

Re: Candy 2016

Postby flatcat19 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:07 am

You didn't make it to Canby either?


I'm very curious about this year's turnout.

After seeing what it was like last year. Yikes.
User avatar
Ni10
Posts: 1995
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:43 pm
Cars: 68 510 wagon, 71 521, 78 620 KC
Location: South of West Canada

Re: Candy 2016

Postby Ni10 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:16 am

the pic's are on FB.


:troll:
DRIVEN » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:01 am wrote:Datsuns don't break down. They just get unscheduled upgrades.
User avatar
510freak
Global Moderator
Posts: 9448
Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:44 pm
Title: DJ Jazzy Lou
Cars: 71 510(orange,the lifer)
Location: Van Isle
Contact:

Re: Candy 2016

Postby 510freak » Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:13 pm

Was reading,and Cody said there is alot smaller turnout this year,
Image

Tims pic^
Taterhead » Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:35 am wrote:[quote="Taterhead » Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:41 pm


Sorry, I was channeling my inner flatcat.
User avatar
jayden71
Posts: 7799
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:44 am
Title: Bewb Captain
Cars: '71 Viagra blue 521
'79 Patina KC 620
Location: Land of Po ta toes

Re: Candy 2016

Postby jayden71 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:14 pm

Nope, I did not make it this year.
Didn't really have the time and just wasn't feeling it.
DRIVEN » Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:30 pm wrote:I think Bill might be gettin laid.

Ni10 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:56 am wrote: all Datsuns ran when parked.
User avatar
Ni10
Posts: 1995
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:43 pm
Cars: 68 510 wagon, 71 521, 78 620 KC
Location: South of West Canada

Re: Candy 2016

Postby Ni10 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:28 pm

Canby 2016 pic's dump, thanks to izzo.

Image
Image
Image
Image
DRIVEN » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:01 am wrote:Datsuns don't break down. They just get unscheduled upgrades.
User avatar
Ni10
Posts: 1995
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:43 pm
Cars: 68 510 wagon, 71 521, 78 620 KC
Location: South of West Canada

Re: Candy 2016

Postby Ni10 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:30 pm

Image
Image
Image
Image
DRIVEN » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:01 am wrote:Datsuns don't break down. They just get unscheduled upgrades.
User avatar
Ni10
Posts: 1995
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:43 pm
Cars: 68 510 wagon, 71 521, 78 620 KC
Location: South of West Canada

Re: Candy 2016

Postby Ni10 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:31 pm

Image
Image
Image
DRIVEN » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:01 am wrote:Datsuns don't break down. They just get unscheduled upgrades.
User avatar
jayden71
Posts: 7799
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:44 am
Title: Bewb Captain
Cars: '71 Viagra blue 521
'79 Patina KC 620
Location: Land of Po ta toes

Re: Candy 2016

Postby jayden71 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:50 am

Like ^^
DRIVEN » Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:30 pm wrote:I think Bill might be gettin laid.

Ni10 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:56 am wrote: all Datsuns ran when parked.
User avatar
izzo
Site Admin
Posts: 5630
Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:32 pm
Title: Save a pimp, Rent a bitch.
Cars: Too many
Location: Astoria, OR
Contact:

Re: Candy 2016

Postby izzo » Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:25 pm

Friday night was smaller than usual. Saturday morning was kinda small. noon ish it filled back up, and sunday was decent. It was smaller overall this year tho, that second event really fucked it. Along with the price gouging. A couple people say oh its not that much, but just walking thru the place I could hear a majority of the people complaining about the prices, and saying they may not come back again.. Between the other event going on every year now (next year being the weekend before Canby) and the prices... I see Canby going downhill quickly. It was 25 dollars a night, to camp. Then 15 dollars just for an entrance fee to get in, to pay the 50 bucks to camp. Even tho I didn't want to put my car in the show, you have to pay the 15 entrance fee and are automatically in the show... Stupid. It used to be if you paid for camping, you could go back and camp.

Another thing that's bullshit... The judging.... Instead of multiple cars/lines to vote on... You have 510s, Z cars, and everything else.... Bunch of horse shit. Datzenmike protested and slept across the street in his car and just walked in, instead of paying the higher prices. May do the same or just skip out next year... Goto the other event. Canby is getting fucked quickly.
8========D ~~~ ( o Y o )
jayden71: titty ponk

devilsbullet wrote: 1400 obo. and best offer doesn't mean 300 bucks you cheap bastards
User avatar
DRIVEN
Posts: 5161
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:05 pm
Location: I've been everywhere

Re: Candy 2016

Postby DRIVEN » Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:38 pm

I stayed home and worked on motorcycles then went riding. Cost me about $3 in gas and parking was free. My buddy and I awarded ourselves best in class thumbs up. Sounds like we had a better time.
When the only tool you have is a hammer every problem starts to look like a hippy.
User avatar
izzo
Site Admin
Posts: 5630
Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:32 pm
Title: Save a pimp, Rent a bitch.
Cars: Too many
Location: Astoria, OR
Contact:

Re: Candy 2016

Postby izzo » Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:50 pm

Meh, IDK about a better time lol. But does sound fun. Besides the bullshit prices, and fucked up voting.... It was a great time.
8========D ~~~ ( o Y o )
jayden71: titty ponk

devilsbullet wrote: 1400 obo. and best offer doesn't mean 300 bucks you cheap bastards
User avatar
DRIVEN
Posts: 5161
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:05 pm
Location: I've been everywhere

Re: Candy 2016

Postby DRIVEN » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:03 pm

Usually is. I rarely stay more than an hour or two anyway. Take a pass through the cars, go look at the swap meet stuff, take another pass through the cars, go home. Glad it was a good time for those who wanted it to be.
When the only tool you have is a hammer every problem starts to look like a hippy.
User avatar
flatcat19
Posts: 4683
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:53 am
Title: AKA Smoke
Cars: Smaller. Better. Slower. Lower.
Location: Where you aren't.

Re: Candy 2016

Postby flatcat19 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:17 pm

izzo wrote:Friday night was smaller than usual. Saturday morning was kinda small. noon ish it filled back up, and sunday was decent. It was smaller overall this year tho, that second event really fucked it. Along with the price gouging. A couple people say oh its not that much, but just walking thru the place I could hear a majority of the people complaining about the prices, and saying they may not come back again.. Between the other event going on every year now (next year being the weekend before Canby) and the prices... I see Canby going downhill quickly. It was 25 dollars a night, to camp. Then 15 dollars just for an entrance fee to get in, to pay the 50 bucks to camp. Even tho I didn't want to put my car in the show, you have to pay the 15 entrance fee and are automatically in the show... Stupid. It used to be if you paid for camping, you could go back and camp.

Another thing that's bullshit... The judging.... Instead of multiple cars/lines to vote on... You have 510s, Z cars, and everything else.... Bunch of horse shit. Datzenmike protested and slept across the street in his car and just walked in, instead of paying the higher prices. May do the same or just skip out next year... Goto the other event. Canby is getting fucked quickly.



Mike stopped by here on his way North. We went and had dinner together.

Mike expressed his displeasure to me about the pricing.
If I pay $25 to camp...that right there should cover my entrance fees.

Great example...Mike goes to camp/hangout/converse. His car never leaves his spot in the back lot. Why pay the extra when that is not what he is there for? WTF.


Oh well, here comes blue lake.

Return to “Events”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests