The "Retired" 510

wayno

Re: The "Retired" 510

Postby wayno » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:10 pm

DRIVEN wrote:Take your time with recovery. We don't all have Wayno's ability to defy nature and science.

I am not really sure what you mean by this statement and maybe I don't want to know, but I am defying nothing, I have side effects from carpel tunnel to this day, the night before last night both my hands went numb from using them too much the day before, but I just shake them and the feeling comes back and I go back to sleep, the blood flow is not interrupted as I am not waking up in pain like I did when I first got carpel tunnel.
I didn't have surgery or anything else for that matter as I didn't have any permanent nerve damage or loss of use, at least that is what the state of Oregon told me, but I have lived with hand numbness for 25 years off and on, more off the last several years as I don't work as hard anymore, and I figured out how to do things different so it didn't cause issues at night, like I do not hold the trigger on the pressure washer wand with my hands, I have bolts on little bungees that go in the trigger and hold it open for me, to shut it off I just flick my finger across the bolt and it falls out or if I am losing my balance I just drop the wand and when it hits anything the bolt falls out and it quits spraying, that bolt is the only reason I can still do this job, every wand I use has it's own bolt with a bungee, I learned that trick real fast/a long time ago.
“The difference between genius and stupidly is that genius has its limits” Albert Einstein
DRIVEN

Postby DRIVEN » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:13 am

Seems to me you were on a self- customized recovery for the heart thing too. :D
When the only tool you have is a hammer every problem starts to look like a hippy.
noflers

Postby noflers » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:39 am

Some light duty things getting done

Missing teeth here

Got those replaced

Which means the drums are on and the brakes are DONE

Pretty well masked and sanded up, just ordered my epoxy primer in white.

That glass is just gonna have to come out I'm realizing. Also ordered a couple tires so I can set the car on the wheel dollies. But this weekend I should be picking up a slotted crossmember so that'll be going in first.

Return to “Project Builds”