♦♦♦♦Dat's LZ Venti Deux♦♦♦♦

KamikazeGarage

Re: ♦♦♦♦Dat's LZ Venti Deux♦♦♦♦

Post by KamikazeGarage » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:54 am

flatcat19 wrote:Don't I know it.

Nothing wrong with a single cam KA head.
That would make life much easier.
Nope nothing wrong with it at all! I read somewhere that it breathes slightly worse than the DE, the only thing the DE has for it is that 4th valve.
I'm just looking for valvetrain stability, the E has hydro lifter (which fucking suck, my 240sx used to sound like diesel) and the DE has those nifty cam over buckets, plus with dual .248 cams I can get a little more pep out of DE head. Those cams might not suit the head for 9ks though. I havent looked that far into it.
Man theres so much shit to consider, I love it. the possibilities are endless. Not easy (Nor cheap FML). Life was never promised to be easy. The challenge is what makes it all worth while though.

:cha:

KamikazeGarage

Post by KamikazeGarage » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:55 am

izzo wrote:ive watched your thread before. I love it man

Curious, what's the scoop on that red 60 ford in the background? or is it someone elses.
Thanks! :fa:
Red 60 Ford truck? Thats pop's. Hes a fucking hoarder.

510freak
Global Moderator
Title: DJ Jazzy Lou
Cars: Boo no 510 lol

Post by 510freak » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:59 am

:fyea:
Thanks for getting us all up to date here man
Taterhead » Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:35 am wrote:[quote="Taterhead » Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:41 pm

Sorry, I was channeling my inner flatcat.

DRIVEN

Post by DRIVEN » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:37 am

Just went through the whole thing. Came out nice. Looks like a fun driver.
When the only tool you have is a hammer every problem starts to look like a hippy.

Eagle_Adam

Post by Eagle_Adam » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:02 pm

you put a lot of work in man! congratz
pits, tits, tats, dats, and good times yo...... dont need nothing else in life

flatcat19 wrote:For the people; By the people; In the name of all that is Datsun!

izzo
Site Admin
Title: Save a pimp, Rent a bitch.
Cars: Too many

Post by izzo » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:36 pm

KamikazeGarage wrote:

Curious, what's the scoop on that red 60 ford in the background? or is it someone elses.
ask pops to unhord it into my yard :rofl:
8========D ~~~ ( o Y o )
jayden71: titty ponk
devilsbullet wrote: 1400 obo. and best offer doesn't mean 300 bucks you cheap bastards

KamikazeGarage

Post by KamikazeGarage » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:34 pm

izzo wrote:
KamikazeGarage wrote:

ask pops to unhord it into my yard :rofl:
Lol wait do you mean the Apache by chance? im not good with domestics. The Apache is a 58, we have a 60 but its orange lol. Show me the oic you seen it in haha

izzo
Site Admin

Post by izzo » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:41 pm

it's def a ford. top right

8========D ~~~ ( o Y o )
devilsbullet wrote: 1400 obo. and best offer doesn't mean 300 bucks you cheap bastards

KamikazeGarage

Post by KamikazeGarage » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:48 pm

Also ive been looking for this type of valve compressor for weeks.... Apparently mom was using it as a coat hanger in the shop this whole time hahahaha. Well. now I can replace the valve seals on the 510.

KamikazeGarage

Post by KamikazeGarage » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:51 pm

izzo wrote:it's def a ford. top right

Ah yes, that one. My dad really likes that one, apparently the big wrap around window in the back is sought after?
He really wants 5.0 in there. He also really wants me to do all the work hahaha.

izzo
Site Admin

Post by izzo » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:03 pm

Yeah, the wrap around window is harder to find. The unibody is even harder. The unibody design on the back is dope as fuck.

5.0 would fit right in there :) Those will hold a big block with room to spare.
8========D ~~~ ( o Y o )

datsunmike

Post by datsunmike » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:39 pm

KamikazeGarage wrote:
Right? Seems pretty easy too, the Z and KA are pretty similar. The Z timing cover should bolt up to the head!? If not I dont mind some fabrication.
Z series timing chain cover exactly fits the KA24E head.
KamikazeGarage wrote: The only MAJOR problem is the the timing chain and the cams. the KA-DE has an idler gear at the center of the head (I dont remember if its dual or single row) and the two gears that drive the cams. That and the massive combustion chamber! 63ccs compared to my W58s modest 45cc. Not to mention im essentially destroking the Z22! lol.
The main drive chain is single. The twin cam drive is dual.

The info I have collected on the DE is that the combustion chamber is only 47cc. So you might want to check on that. Someone's wrong and if me I want to know.

KamikazeGarage wrote: Hopefully the rod/ stroke ratio will work out as too not have too high a piston speed. That'll warrant self destruction at those high RPMS im aiming for(8-9k).
It's def doable I think, I wonder why no one has thought about it (Or maybe they have and said fuck no? lol) (Wait didnt HRH put a DE on a Z24?..)
Long rods from a Z20E? then the rod stroke ration would be 1.77 for an L20B crank. Too much importance is placed on rod stroke ratios.

HRH replaced his KA24E block with a Z24 and kept the head. Had to replace the Z24 pistons with KA to get any compression.
My Datsuns, like good friends, have never let me down. At least in any way that was not understandable and thus fixable.

RedBanner
Title: MasterBlaster

Post by RedBanner » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:08 pm

.... didnt know this car exsisted... thought it was another...
Sorry it got wacked but im glad you still nocking styff out on it.
Awsome!
wayno » Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:40 pm wrote: Everything is either tight or actually rubbing.
Taterhead » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:29 pm wrote:Datsun gods will give you one working gauge, gasoline or speedometer; you can't have both.

KamikazeGarage

Post by KamikazeGarage » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:34 pm

datsunmike wrote:
KamikazeGarage wrote:
Right? Seems pretty easy too, the Z and KA are pretty similar. The Z timing cover should bolt up to the head!? If not I dont mind some fabrication.
Z series timing chain cover exactly fits the KA24E head.
KamikazeGarage wrote: The only MAJOR problem is the the timing chain and the cams. the KA-DE has an idler gear at the center of the head (I dont remember if its dual or single row) and the two gears that drive the cams. That and the massive combustion chamber! 63ccs compared to my W58s modest 45cc. Not to mention im essentially destroking the Z22! lol.
The main drive chain is single. The twin cam drive is dual.

The info I have collected on the DE is that the combustion chamber is only 47cc. So you might want to check on that. Someone's wrong and if me I want to know.

KamikazeGarage wrote: Hopefully the rod/ stroke ratio will work out as too not have too high a piston speed. That'll warrant self destruction at those high RPMS im aiming for(8-9k).
It's def doable I think, I wonder why no one has thought about it (Or maybe they have and said fuck no? lol) (Wait didnt HRH put a DE on a Z24?..)
Long rods from a Z20E? then the rod stroke ration would be 1.77 for an L20B crank. Too much importance is placed on rod stroke ratios.

HRH replaced his KA24E block with a Z24 and kept the head. Had to replace the Z24 pistons with KA to get any compression.
Aye, I was really hoping you'd give your input on this. What do you think? Possible but useless? Not possible with crazy fab?
At this point its nothing but a burning idea in my head, nothing serious. I haven't even put the head on a Z block (I dont have a spare.)
The Z24 has a single chain timing system right? Maybe I can solve the chain issue by using a Z24 crank sprocket.

What the hell, I dont know where i got that number. I just looked it up again (KA-T.org) and you're right, 46cc for the S13DE and 43cc for the S14DE.
That makes everything awesome. with Z20E long rods (152mm) and Z22E pistons it puts the compression at 9.2. Perfect.
Mike, would you say the this bottom end (Z22E,L20B crank, Z20E rods, Z22E pistons) can withstand 8k rpms at least? What would be the weak points? (Ignoring head flow at this point)

KamikazeGarage

Post by KamikazeGarage » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:36 pm

RedBanner wrote:.... didnt know this car exsisted... thought it was another...
Sorry it got wacked but im glad you still nocking styff out on it.
Awsome!
Oh she exists :)
Thank you! I'm gonna keep going while im still kickin!

datsunmike

Post by datsunmike » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:48 am

KamikazeGarage wrote: The Z24 has a single chain timing system right? Maybe I can solve the chain issue by using a Z24 crank sprocket.
Sorry the L and Z series motors all use double chain of different lengths. KAs use single.
KamikazeGarage wrote: Mike, would you say the this bottom end (Z22E,L20B crank, Z20E rods, Z22E pistons) can withstand 8k rpms at least? What would be the weak points? (Ignoring head flow at this point)
Rod bolts probably, then the rods themselves. Buy only if running continuous 8K. For very quick buzzes it probably not so bad. Needs lots of oil pressure, the cranks at that RPM tend to starve for oil from centrifugal forces. Oil is thrown outward from the throws faster than the pump can supply (slightly exaggerated).
My Datsuns, like good friends, have never let me down. At least in any way that was not understandable and thus fixable.

KamikazeGarage

Post by KamikazeGarage » Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:55 pm

I figured out why shes idling like utter shit, the two piece adapter for my carbs are leaking in every which way. My solution is to make my own one piece, i dont have machineing tools or anything, just a broken drill press, air powered grinder and a assortment of bits lol.

KamikazeGarage

Post by KamikazeGarage » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:33 pm

Did the valve seals today. Real easy with that tool.
Old on left, new on right. The new ones are about a 1.5mm shorter..
oh and check out my spark plugs lol

510freak
Global Moderator
Title: DJ Jazzy Lou
Cars: Boo no 510 lol

Post by 510freak » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:36 pm

:thumbs:
Awesome,the rope trick works well too
Taterhead » Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:35 am wrote:[quote="Taterhead » Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:41 pm

Sorry, I was channeling my inner flatcat.

KamikazeGarage

Post by KamikazeGarage » Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:03 pm

It still burns oil on decel, and when I give her the beans.
I checked to see of there was any play in the guides when I have the springs out, there wasn't any. Ill do a compression test now. I did one when I put the head on and it was 180 across the board. I may have burned up the rings on way to the meet, the carb shook loose thanks to the damn adapter plates 3/4s of the way to the meet.
I also took a look at the pistons, #1 had quite a bit of oil on the piston top. I suspect that one to be the dead one.
Fuuuuuuuuuck
M