Easy swap seats into a 68-73 510,

Forum rules
All advice given here is advice from persons using these forums,these opinions are not of the websites owners,and must be used at own discretion.
nwdatsuns does not verify the accuracy of given advice

This section is for informational How to's
Including, how to on datsuns, general technical, fabrication, electrical etc. Not limited to those, but for real information.
The how to make eggs and sammiches should go under General Discussion, as those topics aren't indexed for searches.
510freak
Global Moderator
Title: DJ Jazzy Lou
Cars: Boo no 510 lol

Easy swap seats into a 68-73 510,

Post by 510freak » Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:12 am

Are those 40 year old 510 seats to wore out( I swapped a pair of 2006 PT Cruiser seats,on the cheap)

If you can find a set of PT Cruiser seats from a local recycling yard
Remove the hardware from the seat bases leaving rails attached to seats

This is the hardware removed

On the 510 there are the brackets that bolt to the floor of the 510, the out board(closest to the door on both sides) Needs to be moved inward,Undo the nuts that hold the brackets to the floor, move the outer fixed bolt on the bracket, to the inboard hole ,drill a new inboard hole(floor) and on the front cross brace drill a new hole.
set seats on brackets lightly tighten bolts(supplied by PT Cruiser) then slide seats forward at the rear the PT seats have 2 fixed nuts on the sliders(ignore) just forward of those are 2 dimples,Drill new holes in the center of those 2 dimples and the rear of the bracket will bolt to the slider (using the 510 seat holes on the brackets)Use supplied PT bolts and the 510 washers etc)

It took less that 2hrs start to finish
no hardware to purchase, No welding, Cutting.Or special tools required
Just a simple clean install.
These seats are the same width as the 510 seats(alot of seats look goofy as they are to wide etc)They also are not putting your head through the headliner(too tall)
The base seat height is 1/4 to 1/2 inch taller than a stock seat(from slider to top of the base)

Nice firm seats,For little money..(good for those of us that have bad backs) excellent lumbar support.

They have inboard armrests too :cool:

Tools needed

12 mm Wrench
13 mm Wrench
12 mm Socket
13 mm Socket
3/8 rachet
Philips screw driver
Drill
Taterhead » Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:35 am wrote:[quote="Taterhead » Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:41 pm

Sorry, I was channeling my inner flatcat.

izzo
Site Admin
Title: Save a pimp, Rent a bitch.
Cars: Too many

Re: Easy swap seats into a 68-73 510,

Post by izzo » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:38 am

Nice man.

I heard the PT cruisers were easy install. The neon seats are pretty easy to install also. So are MR2 seats. Dude I bought my seats from cut the tabs, though. So stuck welding stuff now :\
8========D ~~~ ( o Y o )
jayden71: titty ponk
devilsbullet wrote: 1400 obo. and best offer doesn't mean 300 bucks you cheap bastards

Freaky5fukinten

Re: Easy swap seats into a 68-73 510,

Post by Freaky5fukinten » Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:21 am

Sweet write up !!!