Around Waynos house

Taterhead
Cars: '71 510 - Mine
'72 510 - Sons

Re: Around Waynos house

Post by Taterhead » Fri May 13, 2016 8:38 am

Yeah I think Wayne is one of those people.

Definitely glad you didn't wait around to find out about a heart attack. Don't be stubborn, do you like the doctor said and take it easy, that kind of stuff is no joke.

wayno

Post by wayno » Fri May 13, 2016 8:39 am

DRIVEN wrote:Wow! That's pretty dramatic stuff. Glad you weren't too stubborn to go get checked out. I've got a feeling that the hardest part for you might be taking it easy for a month. Some people can't not work.

I believe you are right about the taking it easy part, but the first week or two are going to be easy to take it easy, as they made holes in my groin to get to my heart, it's like I had a double hernia operation, I am not supposed to be lifting anything heavy, I have had 2 hernia operations in the past, I don't want to hurt myself like getting another hernia.
My biggest concern is how hard can I push, I had heart damage already that didn't seem to slow me down, but now I have more heart damage, I went at least 18 hours with lack of oxygen to one area of my heart(heart attack), I kept asking when the procedure was going to happen as I didn't think I was going to last another night, I asked the doctor what the signs were of me pushing to hard, he basically said another heart attack that might kill me.
I now have a damaged muscle that if pushed to hard could turn into a charlie horse like one has in their leg after a hard day at work.
“The difference between genius and stupidly is that genius has its limits” Albert Einstein

Justinberni
Cars: 1986 720

Post by Justinberni » Fri May 13, 2016 10:25 am

Thats crazy Wayne! glad youre alright! if you need to work on the Datsuns and cant lift shit let me know, ive been bored as shit lately when im not working and always down to go help do Datsun things.

wayno

Post by wayno » Fri May 13, 2016 10:42 am

Justinberni wrote:Thats crazy Wayne! glad youre alright! if you need to work on the Datsuns and cant lift shit let me know, ive been bored as shit lately when im not working and always down to go help do Datsun things.

Thankyou for the offer Justin, right now I am just laying around trying to keep my blood pressure up, it keeps getting so low that I get light headed/dizzy when I sit or stand up, I have a doctors appointment Monday that I will discuss this issue, I had the same issue in the hospital except I never got light headed or dizzy there as they were always taking my blood pressure and giving me things to eat/drink to keep it up at a reasonable level.
Once I get stable I will let you know if I need any help.
“The difference between genius and stupidly is that genius has its limits” Albert Einstein

Justinberni
Cars: 1986 720

Post by Justinberni » Fri May 13, 2016 8:15 pm

I use to have trouble with passing out when I stood up, turns out eating once every two days will do that to yeh... Haha

draker
Cars: 1969 Datsun 510 - 4 door
1971 Datsun 510 - 2 door
1992 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo
2002 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4

Post by draker » Mon May 16, 2016 9:02 pm

Damn.. Wayne take it easy! You've got just under 30 days until canby and we would all love to see you there.

Although your health is more important that a bunch of sweaty dudes drooling over cars, if you even had a bit of doubt, skip it. Don't mess with your health.. not worth the risk.

wayno

Post by wayno » Mon May 16, 2016 10:18 pm

draker wrote:Damn.. Wayne take it easy! You've got just under 30 days until canby and we would all love to see you there.

Although your health is more important that a bunch of sweaty dudes drooling over cars, if you even had a bit of doubt, skip it. Don't mess with your health.. not worth the risk.

I plan on being at Canby, but I likely will not be towing anything there this year, nothing has changed with my 320 fleet, so this year I will just drive the NL320, at least that is the plan right now.
I just don't feel like doing much right now, and am not supposed to work till after Canby(doctors orders).
I am doing all the normal stuff right now, I did split a round for some firewood today that I am not supposed to do, I don't think I hurt myself, I am not supposed to lift anything heavy right now, but I also don't like the cold either.
I originally thought that the lifting/pulling/pushing restriction was to keep me from giving myself a hernia where they made the incisions to get to my heart in my groin, but now I believe it is to stop me from busting open the blood vessels where the incisions were made on the blood vessels themselves and have me bleed to death internally.

Laecaon
Site Admin
Cars: '71 510 Wagon, 02 BMW 325i Wagon

Post by Laecaon » Tue May 17, 2016 2:47 am

Wow, just now seeing this. That is not cool.

I imagine the restriction is so you dont give yourself another heart attack. They dont know how steady you are yet.

Please pay attention to what your body is telling you, and maybe keep some aspirin on you at all times.

510freak
Global Moderator
Title: DJ Jazzy Lou
Cars: Boo no 510 lol

Post by 510freak » Tue May 17, 2016 5:50 am

Take it easy Wayne, we all want you with us for a long time.
Taterhead » Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:35 am wrote:[quote="Taterhead » Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:41 pm

Sorry, I was channeling my inner flatcat.

wayno

Post by wayno » Thu May 19, 2016 12:24 pm

I went to the doctor today(cardiologist), and he released me for normal work, this is not something I was expecting.
I also asked him which blood vessel on my heart got plugged up, it was just a tiny one on the outside of it, it's amazing how much pain was caused by that small vessel.
I really don't feel like going back to work right now, I am going to give it another week.

510freak
Global Moderator
Title: DJ Jazzy Lou
Cars: Boo no 510 lol

Post by 510freak » Thu May 19, 2016 5:13 pm

For sure take it easy Wayne
Taterhead » Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:35 am wrote:[quote="Taterhead » Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:41 pm

Sorry, I was channeling my inner flatcat.

DRIVEN

Post by DRIVEN » Thu May 19, 2016 5:48 pm

Probably a wise decision. Listen to your body.
When the only tool you have is a hammer every problem starts to look like a hippy.

wayno

Post by wayno » Thu May 19, 2016 6:47 pm

DRIVEN wrote:Probably a wise decision. Listen to your body.

I think it is more psychological than physical now, I got used to the idea of getting a month off and was looking forward to it, now all I have is personal excuses.
Over the last few years I have been trying to do less work, I don't even advertise anymore, I now exist on regular customers and word of mouth, and it is still a lot of work to get done.
If I had a lot of bills I would likely be more motivated to work, but I own everything I have now, and don't want to put anything on credit anymore, although it would be nice to own a bigger piece of property, but I don't want to pay a mortgage anymore.
I realized a few years back that the harder I worked(make more money), the more I pay out to others, I just go into a higher tax bracket and pay more taxes, yet I don't take much more home, so I just don't want to make more than it takes to get by anymore, it's sad.

izzo
Site Admin
Title: Save a pimp, Rent a bitch.
Cars: Too many

Post by izzo » Fri May 20, 2016 12:15 am

That's not sad, its smart.

Wayno. I am trying to get a pressure washing business going up here. you should PM me some tricks and stuff :)
8========D ~~~ ( o Y o )
jayden71: titty ponk
devilsbullet wrote: 1400 obo. and best offer doesn't mean 300 bucks you cheap bastards

wayno

Post by wayno » Fri May 20, 2016 1:13 pm

izzo wrote:That's not sad, its smart.

Wayno. I am trying to get a pressure washing business going up here. you should PM me some tricks and stuff :)

All I can say is that it is not easy to start a pressure washing business, you need capital to keep it going for a few years till enough folks hear about you.
Another thing is that I don't just pressure wash, I clean out peoples gutters, treat roofs, I have replaced decks, replaced siding, and a lot of other things, but I mostly pressure wash and clean gutters now.
When I first started I would go anywhere, I worked as far north as Seattle, and as far south as Oregon City, as far east as Carson WA, and as far west as Forest Grove, but now I work mostly in the Vancouver and surrounding area.
I do believe that it might be easier to start a pressure washing/painting business, if you can stand painting that is, I really don't like to paint myself.
Another thing you need to ask yourself is if there is a need for pressure washing in your area, there is a need in my area, there are a lot of tile roofs around here that have moss on them, and there are a lot of composition roofs with moss on them that also need either pressure washed or blown off with air and then treated, there are a lot of gutters that need to be cleaned out, a lot of vinyl sided houses that need washed, and a lot of concrete driveways to be cleaned, it's hard to start a business in the big city, it will even be harder/take longer in rural areas.
Another thing you need to think about is what to charge, when I first started my business I charged about $20.00 an hour, I was the cheapest pressure washing guy around, I had a lot of work after only 2 years, and I did it all, I am no longer the cheapest guy, but I am not the most expensive either, I do good work for a reasonable price, and I clean up, that is very important, if the customer has to clean up after you, they will not likely call you back, except for windows, I don't clean windows, I tell my customers that they will have to have their windows cleaned after I leave before I take the job, that is another business that you could start, clean windows, be a jack of all trades, master of none.

izzo
Site Admin
Title: Save a pimp, Rent a bitch.
Cars: Too many

Post by izzo » Fri May 20, 2016 9:18 pm

Wayno

That's actually the thought. Pressure washing, gutters, I have a mower/weed trimmer. Containers to take the grass away in etc. There is one pressure washing business here already, and he does well for him self. There are yard maintenance places here too. The charging part is hard. I have my first job tomorrow. A ladies husband left, and she does hair, not yard work. I will be trimming with a trimmer first, then chase it down with the mower to suck it up and get the grass super even, then I can toss the old grass down behind my house. I always clean up after myself. I don't mind hitting the windows for them, too if need be. I know I won't be raking in the big money right away. But, I want to make my own hours. Right now if I can work myself up to 2500 a month, that will be where I'm at with schwabs (before taxes and child support). Shoot I am only banking about 800-1000 a month after all the taxes and child support I pay. So.... I will be doing this all by myself. I am getting some cards made. The lady I am working for tomorrow is a hair stylist. Told her not to let anyone know how little I am charging her, but to let them know my rates are good... I will be doing before and after shots... And then getting a page on facebook and spreading the word. Need to learn how to winterize sprinkler systems. Also log trucks, dump trucks etc.... The NW region here is littered with logging companies... If I could get my foot in there door with a couple companies... Pressure washing their rigs. That would be good. Right now is a big learning curve, so not expecting tons of money, and a lot of cheap labor till I get things figured out.

And yes, this place is terrible with moss. Houses turn green/brown, moss grows everywhere on houses, cars, side walks etc... A lot of stuff is covered in no time.
8========D ~~~ ( o Y o )
jayden71: titty ponk
devilsbullet wrote: 1400 obo. and best offer doesn't mean 300 bucks you cheap bastards

wayno

Post by wayno » Sat May 21, 2016 12:05 am

I used to pass out flyers, I passed out thousands of them, on a good day I could distribute 400/500 of them, but I only got a .25 to 1 percent return at best, meaning I could walk around the whole day and only get 1 call, sometimes no calls, it really depends on the neighborhoods, older houses that have been around a while were a waste of time, the 5/10 year old houses with tile roofs were where the work was for me, I have done hundreds and hundreds of tile roofs over the last 20 years, sometimes I would do 5 of them a week, it was hard work.
At one point I would have called myself a handyman, I did anything that would pay, now I do about 30 percent roofs, 30 percent cleaning out gutters, 30 percent concrete cleaning, and 10 percent treating roofs, I used to do a lot more treating of roofs, but got tired of all the driving around so I quit chasing that, I could spend 10 hours a day 7 days a week in Sept/Oct treating roofs, but it cost a fortune driving around that much, plus the cost of the treatment itself($200.00 a day), it also caused me issues, my hands have scars where they would not heal because of the treatment, I used to buy it by the ton.
Starting out you need to do anything you can as long as you know how, as for pressure washing equipment like semi trucks and trailers, that is a cut throat business, I never went near it, I also didn't do concrete at shopping centers either, very cut throat and I didn't like working at night, but when your starting out you do what you have to do to survive, I used to prep shopping centers for a painting contractor, I did some huge ones that took me days to do, I was so happy when I didn't need to do that anymore.
I lost money the first year, I broke even the second year, from the third year on I could make enough money to barely pay my bills till I paid off my credit cards, after that I have been doing good.
When I started the internet played no part in my success, it is different now, the yellow pages and a cell phone were what I used, hardly anyone uses the yellow pages anymore, so you need to figure out how people find you now and advertise there, and keep in mind that people that call on the phone want to talk to a person, they don't want to leave a message, I answered every phone call for the first 10+ years, and I mean every one of them, now I cannot feel it vibrate in my pocket anymore, so my customers leave messages as they are regular customers and they know I will return the call.
It's hard to start a business, the first few years I took temp jobs just to eat/pay rent during the winter, I believe that about 1996 I didn't have to do that anymore, but I was doing paint preps for painting contractors till about 2003, I was happy to not to have to do that anymore, I also quit doing wood roofs around 2001, it's great to have your own business, but you will never work harder in your life.

wayno

Post by wayno » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:00 pm

I am not getting a knot in my chest anymore when I work more than a day in a row, when the Kaiser doctor released me for work it was too early(2 weeks), it has been a month since the first doctor told me to take a month off, he knows his shit.
I keep forgetting to keep the nitro with me in case I have another heart attack, I forget things a lot anymore.
I feel better now, although when I eat my favorite food(pizza) I don't feel good, I am wondering if the pills I am taking are messing with my digestion.
I also have not been doing well when it is hot outside, when I bend down or sit, I get dizzy when I stand up, it's likely because of the pills I am taking.
Also if I scratch a small scab which I have plenty of them, I bleed forever, again because of the pills I am taking.

DRIVEN

Post by DRIVEN » Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:16 am

Blood thinners, I take it?
When the only tool you have is a hammer every problem starts to look like a hippy.

wayno

Post by wayno » Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:33 pm

So I was hauling firewood in the truck, I had to load it and unload it, this is the result.
Legs
Arm
I am bruising like crazy, and it is happening very easily, I am sure it is because of the meds I am taking, going to talk to the doc about it on my next appointment.