Around Waynos house

wayno

Re: Around Waynos house

Post by wayno » Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:30 pm

I was at the computer at about 7pm when lightning struck close, and I lost over half my TV channels, now there was rain associated with the lightning and thunder, so at first I thought it might have struck the TV antenna, so I got up on the roof and looked at the cable and it kinda looked fried, but the antenna is on the chimney so the heat and smoke might have had something to do with it, and then the rain screwed it up.
I replaced the last 4 feet of cable and went from 11 signal strength, to 88 signal strength and all the channels are back, it happened when I heard the thunder that sounded like it was in my backyard.
“The difference between genius and stupidly is that genius has its limits” Albert Einstein

devilsbullet
Cars: 75 and 76 280z, 68 510 goon, two 77 710 goons, 77 b210 hatch.

Post by devilsbullet » Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:38 pm

Shit, that would have waited for tomorrow for me lol.

DRIVEN

Post by DRIVEN » Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:55 pm

:shock:
When the only tool you have is a hammer every problem starts to look like a hippy.

wayno

Post by wayno » Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:59 pm

devilsbullet » Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:38 pm wrote:Shit, that would have waited for tomorrow for me lol.

Nope, gotta have my TV, I go crazy without my TV, otherwise I would have to find something else to do, like work on my Datsuns, and that only happens during day light hours for the most part, so gotta have my TV.
“The difference between genius and stupidly is that genius has its limits” Albert Einstein

devilsbullet

Post by devilsbullet » Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:15 pm

I went without it for so long that it's nearly useless to me. My wife and kid are another story lol. Also helps being an only child, with a teacher for a mother. Spent lots of time reading or in my own head.

wayno

Post by wayno » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:01 pm

My right eye ball took a hit today, it made me dizzy when it happened, could not focus for several hours afterwards, right eye blurry, left eye fine.
This is the worst hit my eyes have taken in all my years of pressure washing, I have had worse happen, but that was while using a grinder with a cutting disc, had to go to the eye doctor to have metal removed from my eye that time, this time it felt way worse when it happened, but I do not think anything actually got stuck in my eye, it just bounced right off the lens, I can still see slightly better out of my left eye, and it happened 12 hours ago.

devilsbullet

Post by devilsbullet » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:55 pm

Something you were washing off fight back?

DRIVEN

Post by DRIVEN » Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:22 am

Ouch. Anything eye related really bothers me. I can't stand seeing someone else touch their eyeball and doubt I could ever wear contacts.
When the only tool you have is a hammer every problem starts to look like a hippy.

draker
Cars: 1969 Datsun 510 - 4 door
1971 Datsun 510 - 2 door
1992 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo
2002 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4

Post by draker » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:34 am

DRIVEN » Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:22 am wrote:Ouch. Anything eye related really bothers me. I can't stand seeing someone else touch their eyeball and doubt I could ever wear contacts.
This is why I don't wear them.. lol I can't even put in eye drops.

draker
1971 Datsun 510 - 2 door

Post by draker » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:34 am

Have you went to the eye doctor Wayne? Eye stuff sucks!!

wayno

Post by wayno » Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:07 am

draker » Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:34 am wrote:Have you went to the eye doctor Wayne? Eye stuff sucks!!
I am alright I believe, it was still a little blurry when I woke up.
Up close I am the same in both eyes, but distance they are different now, right eye still slightly blurry, but they may have been that way all along, never had a reason to check them until that piece of shit hit my eye.
Normally I pressure wash heavy moss growth on tile roofs, but yesterday I pressure washed minimal moss growth, so I was hitting more of the tile ends at full pressure, which strips off sand grain sized pieces of cement/tile material, this stuff and moss itself hit my face all day long and my eyes every once in a while, this was a much bigger piece than normally hits my eyes, when these bigger pieces hit my face they sting, but one hit my eye this time, never had a big one hit my eye before.
I cannot wear safety glasses because they will get wet/dirty within minutes of starting to pressure wash and then I would not be able to see what I am doing, or where I am even walking for that matter, so I try to hit the ends of the tile at a certain angle so that most of it does not come back right into my face, that is all I can do.
This is the very reason I do not pressure wash fences, when I get to the ground dirt comes right back at my face every time, so I don't do fences, I just spray them with bleach to kill the moss/mildew and call it good, almost all my customers are happy with the result after a week passes.
My eye didn't bother me last night while I was sleeping, if it had I would have went to the doctor this morning, I have an eye doctor for this, a couple years ago he gave me a tour of my eye balls, he said one of them looked like the moon with craters everywhere, while the other wasn't so bad.

RedBanner
Title: MasterBlaster

Post by RedBanner » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:14 pm

hope its better, don't put off getting it checked out, better safe than sorry
wayno » Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:40 pm wrote: Everything is either tight or actually rubbing.
Taterhead » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:29 pm wrote:Datsun gods will give you one working gauge, gasoline or speedometer; you can't have both.

wayno

Post by wayno » Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:34 pm

I primed and painted the patio outside walls today, so I don't have to worry about that anymore.
Before
After
I had not used the paint sprayer in over 10 years, and it worked great.

wayno

Post by wayno » Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:36 pm

I started rebuilding the rear fence today, it is 18 years old, and 2 of the posts have rotted to the point where they started falling over, so I braced them up with a stick of wood.
Here is before I started, you can see both braces if you look real close.
Here is one post replaced, and 3 sections done, I didn't replace every piece of wood, I only am replacing the rotted wood, if it will hold a screw and the fence board, I am keeping it, but every upright fence board is being replaced, I bought 220 fence boards, 3 4X4s, and 6 2X4s, I have used 1 post, and 2 2X4s so far.
Here is the post base pulled out, I did it with a chain and a long piece of 2X2X10 piece of metal, and a cinder block to pry up on.
I will try to remember to take a photo of how I pulled the cement out of the ground on the next one I pull out tomorrow.

DRIVEN

Post by DRIVEN » Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:28 am

Ugh. I've been avoiding some fence work myself for a couple years. I want to say you've inspired me but it's probably more shame than inspiration. Basically just need to patch it together to last another year. I'm considering fiberglass faux stone panels for my next house.
Your new fence looks looks great. All that sawdust is a nice touch too.

wayno

Post by wayno » Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:45 pm

The sawdust is from cutting all that wood up I got from the neighbor when they cut down the trees, I had to cut it so I could stack it.
Here is how I pull the fence post bases out of the ground, this time there was enough to run a lag bolt 8 inches into the wood that was left in the cement.
Before I started pulling it out, but am ready.
It's coming out
And it is out
Getting it ready to put new post in
The first post in cement, I used the top foot of a bucket to raise it above the ground.
And here is the one I did today, I used a large plant container top 6 inches for this one.
And it is done, I didn't replace everything, just what was bad/rotten, and when something else falls apart, I will fix that.
And here is the removable gate in the front, I have to lift it out to remove it.
I have been looking at this fence for a couple years now, since the duplex sold next door and I have new neighbors, I decided to fix it before it fell over.
By the way, this fence is over 80 feet long, and I used 215 fence boards out of the 220 I bought.

draker
1971 Datsun 510 - 2 door

Post by draker » Sun May 01, 2016 10:21 pm

Nice work! I have a bit of fencing to do myself.. or should I say, a bit more left to do from last season. lol

Laecaon
Site Admin
Cars: '71 510 Wagon, 02 BMW 325i Wagon

Post by Laecaon » Mon May 02, 2016 1:01 am

I too have some fencing to do.

wayno

Post by wayno » Thu May 12, 2016 8:23 pm

Well I am back home guys, Monday after I finished the tile roof I was doing, after I put all the equipment in the trailer, while I was collecting the check for the job, I had a heart attack.
I have had this feeling lots of times before before, all I ever did was thump on my chest like Tarzan and it went away, well this time it didn't go away.
I collected the check and gave the receipt to her, I moved the heavy things she could not move and got in my truck and drove home, I felt really bad by the time I got there, I took 3 ibuprofen and laid on the couch for a few minutes and felt slightly better, but the moment I raised my body off the couch I felt very bad again, I was filthy dirty so I removed my very dirty clothes in the living room while still lying down, went to my bedroom and put pants, a sweatshirt, and slippers on, I didn't clean up, I put my wallet and keys in my pants and drove to the Kaiser facility near me(I have Kaiser), got out of the truck. locked it, I was still standing straight up, by the time I got to the breezeway I was bent over, I went thru the doors, asked the gals behind the desk where the emergency area was, I basically said that I didn't want to be a pain, but I thought I was having a heart attack and I sat down on the floor of the lobby, it turned out there was no emergency room there, they called 911, I had about 6 people around me and the ambulance got there fairly fast.
They asked me who I was and where the pain was, then gave me some Nitro on the lobby floor, they gave me another nitro in the ambulance, and I got another one in the emergency room, they had me eat 4 baby aspirin there also, I don't remember a lot after that, they had taken me to the SW hospital.
The next thing I remember is being wheeled into a room and the doctor telling me that he tried to unblock the blood vessel but was unsuccessful as it was crystallized, I had had this blockage for years, he told me that I had been surviving for years on this small bypass vessel that had finally plugged up.
That night they tried to help me, I was being given Nitro drip which helped a little, but it didn't really work, they gave me two or 3 Morphine shots that did nothing, the last one I said was a waste of time.
The next day he told me that he was going to try again going thru the leg, but if that was unsuccessful I needed open heart surgery which he didn't do, that is when I told him I had Kaiser, he called them and set up something at the Sunnyside Hospital, and couple hours later he came back and told me that they didn't have room for me and that he was going to try again, I asked when and he said now, by that time I was saying I doubted I would make it another night if I had to wait for Kaiser, I was hurting real bad, it still took a couple hours for them to start, they gave me a stress shot just before wheeling me down into the room, I remember thinking we were in the basement as all the ducting was on the ceiling and it didn't look all that clean, I don't remember much after getting down there other than it was really cold.
I woke up in ICU and felt a lot better, just a slight bit of pain for a little while, he came to my room and asked me how I felt and told me they had succeeded the second time by going thru both legs and attacking it from both sides, I should mention that these nurses and doctors kept asking me on a 1 to 10 pain rating, how bad was the pain, I said I didn't really know how to rate it as I have had pain all my life and gave it a 5, later in the regular room they sent me to after taking me out of ICU there was a pain rating chart on the wall, when he came into my room today I pointed to the chart with smiley and sad faces and said I was a 10 and he said he thought I was at the time.
I was discharged today about 4pm after dealing with a blood pressure issue, a couple times my blood pressure was 77 over 54, it kept dropping below 80 and they were not happy, I finally figured out that I needed to drink more liquids as I was not drinking or eating a lot as I don't get hungry anymore, and I didn't feel thirsty, once I got it to 90 something over 60 by drinking a lot of apple juice they let me go home.
So now I am home and cannot work for a month, they will not know the extent of the heart damage for 3 months, and I already had heart damage from a prior heart attack that I didn't even know I had.

DRIVEN

Post by DRIVEN » Fri May 13, 2016 5:15 am

Wow! That's pretty dramatic stuff. Glad you weren't too stubborn to go get checked out. I've got a feeling that the hardest part for you might be taking it easy for a month. Some people can't not work.