Braap

DRIVEN

Re: Braap

Post by DRIVEN » Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:32 pm

I ran across a couple when I was peeping Boise CL looking for a deal on a quad to ride when I go over there to visit. They look like they'd be super fun in the hills and on trails. I'm too old and fat for big jumps and haulin ass. Seem to be priced a bit cheaper than Fat Cats too.
When the only tool you have is a hammer every problem starts to look like a hippy.

izzo
Site Admin
Title: Save a pimp, Rent a bitch.
Cars: Too many

Post by izzo » Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:54 pm

Yeah. They're good bikes n you'd have fun. They don't have the stupid hype like people think Honda's have. Go look at Honda atc 250 2 stroke three wheelers. Or trx250r. Retarded pricing. It'd be fun man.
8========D ~~~ ( o Y o )
jayden71: titty ponk
devilsbullet wrote: 1400 obo. and best offer doesn't mean 300 bucks you cheap bastards

izzo
Site Admin

Post by izzo » Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:37 pm

Speaking of braps.

Another brap has entered my garage :| Bahahah.

Suzuki LT250R. 80s 2 stroke quad. Braaaaaaaaap. Got it for nothing basically. But here's the catch.. It's in totes :| Guess I will be spending a lot of time looking at parts fische and hunting down a FSM. All the mean while I am getting a tooth infection in teh same one as before. FUCKING HURTS.

The motor is in the totes, in 1000 pieces :| BASKET CASE.

8========D ~~~ ( o Y o )
devilsbullet wrote: 1400 obo. and best offer doesn't mean 300 bucks you cheap bastards

Taterhead
Cars: '71 510 - Mine
'72 510 - Sons

Post by Taterhead » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:39 am

Will the paddles fit on the Yamaha?

izzo
Site Admin

Post by izzo » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:04 pm

Taterhead » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:39 am wrote:Will the paddles fit on the Yamaha?

Those paddles are for the yamaha. Sorry guess I didn't say it or i didn't and wasn't clear.

The paddle tires were what I was after and got. on my way home that LT250R jumped in my truck :rofl:

The paddle tires are ITP sand stars. Along with new douglas or ITP rims. There's 550 dollars worth of tire and rim sitting there. I got a steal of a deal on them!

The quad.. Well, my buddy scored it off someone for 80 bucks. he was thinking about building it. Then said naw.. So off it goes to my house lol. He already has an Lt250r... That is fine... But then he went and bought a new KTM quad... SO now his LT250R is for sale also..

If i had the cash I'd go and buy his.. I still might. We will see. his sister is wanting a quad. and mine would be more suited for her. And his LT250R would be better for me..
8========D ~~~ ( o Y o )

Taterhead
'72 510 - Sons

Post by Taterhead » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:15 am

Good luck on that deal.

izzo
Site Admin

Post by izzo » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:35 pm

It's a lot of work. Meh.

Gonna be someone else headache. If it didn't need so much or wasn't in 1000 pieces.. I'd do it. But I think i'm going to let it be someone elses problem
8========D ~~~ ( o Y o )

izzo
Site Admin

Post by izzo » Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:42 pm

Well shit.

I'm at a road and IDK which way to take. I just got this warrior. Full tune up, cleaned it up, got sand tires. she runs and rides and is fun. My buddy just listed his 87 LT250R. It's in decent shape and runs and rides. I can swoop it for 1300 bucks.

So... I could keep this quad. and just ride it. Or i could sell this quad and buy his.

The warrior would probably be fast enough for me in the woods. For the sand.. It's not enough. I am pegged out in second gear (at least with the dirt tires). I'm sure itll be fun with the sand tires.. but it's going to grip more so IDK if it will have enough power.

The LT is plenty fast enough. They still make the parts I'd need for maintenance. Tho its ready to ride now. needs a little piece here or there. but its pretty nice. Comes with like 4 sets of new tires. Couple sand sets and a couple dirt sets.

The warrior is a four stroke 350.. Kind of a slow slug. Electric start and pull start. but, four strokes go and go and go. Push teh button and go. Change the oil once and a while and adjust the valves.

The LT is a 2 stroke 250. I watched it keep up with a newer honda 450R fuel injected quad with intake and exhaust. It's kick start only, but does have headlight/tail light.
8========D ~~~ ( o Y o )

DRIVEN

Post by DRIVEN » Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:55 pm

4 stroke.
When the only tool you have is a hammer every problem starts to look like a hippy.

izzo
Site Admin

Post by izzo » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:43 pm

Aye... But its kind gutless :\
8========D ~~~ ( o Y o )

K_trip
Cars: DATSUN
67 Bluebird R16/5spd
71 510 Goon L16/4spd
74 Li'l Hustler L16/4spd

Post by K_trip » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:59 am

Two Strokes - When Four Strokes Are Too Many And One Stroke Just Ain't Enough!

izzo
Site Admin

Post by izzo » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:08 am

haha. Never heard that one. IDK wat to do..... Jeez...

Moar power and speed or reliability. The LT was only made from 85 to 91 or 82. 85/86 Motors are the same. 87 is one year only engine wise. 88-82 are the same. IDK. I want more power but i just put all the work into this thing haha. Should be reliable for some time to come. Just get on and go... I'm to wishy-washy...
8========D ~~~ ( o Y o )

K_trip
Cars: DATSUN
67 Bluebird R16/5spd
71 510 Goon L16/4spd
74 Li'l Hustler L16/4spd

Post by K_trip » Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:50 pm

I love the LT250R quads ... they're a blast to ride ... and $1,300 is a very fair price.

I've also enjoyed riding a LT500 quadzilla, but that was out at Pismo Dunes. I doubt I would get out of first gear in my yard with one of those. My buddy left his LT250R at my place for over a year, and I loved using it to keep my trails cleared. It's true they need top-ends from time-to-time, and if you have too much fun the transmissions need work, but I would rather ride a two stroke ... but that's just me. I'm sure whatever you do - you'll have fun :D

izzo
Site Admin

Post by izzo » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:51 pm

Getting some work done on the quad.

chain roller ate shit cuz I had two people on it at once. chain was to tight. ate it pretty quick. so installed a new one, also installed a new 12 tooth front sprocket. Brought it down from 13 so I'd have a little more torque in the sand. Should still trail ride alright. Installed a new clutch too. Some other misc things... Anyways.

Pics

Some random cat pics too. he's a retard. I didn't get any pics of the install. But, new clutch, gasket, new oil, everything is done on this quad except the exhaust. I want to find a different silencer.

And then someone got arrested in front of my place. guess there was some shit going on somewhere else, they left... happened to get pulled over in front of my house.
8========D ~~~ ( o Y o )

izzo
Site Admin

Post by izzo » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:57 am

8========D ~~~ ( o Y o )

izzo
Site Admin

Post by izzo » Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:26 pm

Left friday. Got back monday afternoon. Ripped shit, tore shit, rode shit, broke shit. Fuck yeah! pics and stories in a bit.
8========D ~~~ ( o Y o )

DRIVEN

Post by DRIVEN » Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:29 pm

Get to it!

izzo
Site Admin

Post by izzo » Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:19 am

So L&D fucked up my buddies order and didn't get his steering parts in for his KTM on time friday. so we had to drill a hole in the broken piece and thru the steering stem. Hard thing to do when you just drop 5k on a bike.

Get that rigged.. OK! Lets go!

Get down there. Get unloaded. Do our thing, get the fire going etc. Fire up the generator at bed time to watch some TV. The DVD player broke. Fuck! Ok... Hooked up a portable dvd player to the big tv.. Good to go! This was friday night.

Saturday. Kids keep trying to ride around in the sand with this little Kasea 110cc quad. it will ride one kid if you give them an initial push. Well they wouldn't listen to us... Kept both trying to ride it. Now it has a rod knock :|

Fast forward to end of saturday. One buddy has to go. So we hook up my compressor to the generator. And either we killed the generator or the reset button is broken. So we lost the generator. Fuck.... No phone charger, no tv, no coffee. Main thing, no coffee.

Sunday morning we boiled water and slowly ran it thru a coffee filter and coffee. Got a pot of coffee haha. Went to go for a rip on my bike. It's been running like ass the whole time. Barely making it up hills, slow. Getting a lot hotter than normal. I hear little backfires. Turns out the intake is cracked. Shit! Run down to the store to have them JB weld it and run a hose clamp around it and make it work for the rest of the day. Total cost, 4 bucks.

While I'm gone a 9 year old had been riding a polaris 250 automatic quad. Well he got a bit big for his britches and rolled it. Fuck! Haha.

So sunday even comes. We need to get in one more good rip since its the last night and monday all we do is packup to leave. Get out on the trails, get a good rip in. the LT ran out of water. The 400EX was smoking. Mine started cutting out again. time to head back to camp. Oh, and my buddies new KTMs headlight burned out. No night ride :\

Get done ripping and on our way back. Everyone goes way fucking fast and I can't keep up on my quad. one, its slow. Two, the suspension is fucking horrible. It may as well not even have suspension. No joke, it's really bad. I was cruising and all of a sudden it died. The intake melted right down the middle!

I got super lucky and one guy was heading up the bill and ran out of gas due to the angle. I caught his attention and had him run back to camp and send someone back with a tow rope. That was the end of the rides for everyone lol. What a weekend. My shit needs a new intake really bad. It's causing it to run lean. So friday when I get paid, i will order a few little parts like an intake and a few jets to play with. There's the stories. Pics are above.
8========D ~~~ ( o Y o )

510freak
Global Moderator
Title: DJ Jazzy Lou
Cars: Boo no 510 lol

Post by 510freak » Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:25 pm

Looks like it was a fun time Tim
Taterhead » Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:35 am wrote:[quote="Taterhead » Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:41 pm

Sorry, I was channeling my inner flatcat.

Taterhead
'72 510 - Sons

Post by Taterhead » Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:55 am

Even with all the bullshit I'm willing to bet you enjoyed the whole time out there. Looks like fun.