Datsun 1200 vs. Camaro Drag

Datsun Videos
METSystem

Datsun 1200 vs. Camaro Drag

Post by METSystem » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:57 am

Honestly, the Datsun is actually a DINO (Datsun In Name Only). . . And the rule of thumb is pretty much as you'll see. . . When you're in the smaller car, get outta the F-ing way of the big car! LOL

http://speedsociety.com/big-tire-1969-c ... source=gmg <---click on this to see the video, not the pic below

There comes a time when reliving your youth, requires the acquisition of a Datsun, like the one you drove in high school and the other one when you were just done with college. The issue then becomes. . . Fitting again, behind the wheel!

wayno

Re: Datsun 1200 vs. Camaro Drag

Post by wayno » Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:10 pm

I would say that the Chevy was a little out of control until he took his foot out of it.
The Datsun did alright considering engine size, a jet fighter racing a souped up Leer jet.
“The difference between genius and stupidly is that genius has its limits” Albert Einstein

METSystem

Post by METSystem » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:13 pm

wayno wrote:I would say that the Chevy was a little out of control until he took his foot out of it.
The Datsun did alright considering engine size, a jet fighter racing a souped up Leer jet.
The driver of the Camaro did about loose it, and was about to take the Datsun with it when Datsun hit the brakes and started to go squirrelly too because of it. . . I do have to wonder what the Datsun had under the hood, I guarantee it wasn't OE! :shock:
There comes a time when reliving your youth, requires the acquisition of a Datsun, like the one you drove in high school and the other one when you were just done with college. The issue then becomes. . . Fitting again, behind the wheel!

wayno

Post by wayno » Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:03 pm

METSystem wrote:
wayno wrote:I would say that the Chevy was a little out of control until he took his foot out of it.
The driver of the Camaro did about loose it, and was about to take the Datsun with it when Datsun hit the brakes and started to go squirrelly too because of it. . . I do have to wonder what the Datsun had under the hood, I guarantee it wasn't OE! :shock:
It says in the title that the Datsun has a rotary engine, probably a turbo too, being it was able to keep up with that engine with a blower.
“The difference between genius and stupidly is that genius has its limits” Albert Einstein

Laecaon
Site Admin
Cars: '71 510 Wagon, 02 BMW 325i Wagon

Post by Laecaon » Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:53 pm

That Datsun looked dialed in. Under control the whole time, even when braking, immediately straightened out on grass.

The Camaro just had a fast acting driver who didnt want to peddle his car until he was too far gone.

Rotary 1200s are fast. There are a number of them in the US that take down cars with twice the HP all day long.