Troubles I am having with "The Bumper Depot"

wayno

Troubles I am having with "The Bumper Depot"

Post by wayno » Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:13 am

So this is what has been going on since last April with my very rare Australian U320 taillight bezels, I decided to start sending emails rather than calling her so that everything would be on the record, I have not edited or left out any of them in this post.

This year at the Portland Swap Meet at the Expo Center(4/10-12, 2015) I talked to the Bumper Depot for the first time, they chrome/plate bumpers and such things, I told them I had bubbling in my chrome taillight bezels and asked if they could do better, I talked about the bubbling a lot, so after talking with them a while I told them I would bring the parts in the next day and show them to them and we would talk.
So I brought them in and had them look at them, we went thru all the bubble talk again, I told them these taillight bezels had just been chromed less than a year before and I wanted to know if they could make them better, I showed them the bubbles several times, I told them this is all that I had and that they were not replaceable, I must have talked with them an hour about this issue, they took them and said they would be done by June for the Canby meet.
I called them 6/12/15 and inquired about my parts, all the gal had to say was they were rotten(the taillight bezels), I asked why they had not called me instead of me calling them, she had no response, all she had to say was did I want them done with bubbles in them, I said they had bubbles in them when I gave them to them, I said I needed these bezels done, I had no replacements, I told her to send them out if she had to, to someone that could fix them.
This gal never calls me, I have to call her every time, so I just talked to her(6/18/15), I got the same thing as before, they are rotten and bubbling in the copper phase of the process, and now she just wants to send them back to me in copper and bail on the whole thing, I gave her less than a year old chrome plating, I let her see/look at them for at least an hour before I walked away, I even went back and asked another question.
My view of this is that I showed her all the bubbling, she should have known right then that they were rotten and not excepted the job, I would still have my bubbled bezels in chrome plating and my money, and they would not have an issue either.
I talked to her again on 8/18/15 and told her that I could not replace these parts and I needed them done, she knew that before I handed them to her, she said she had to go and would call back, this was the last time I made a phone call to her, from that date forward. all communication was emails.
On 8/19/15 I sent and email to her because she had not called me back like she said she would, I told her to plate them as they are, if there were bubbles then there were bubbles, I just want them back plated so I could use them, I said I would pay the price we agreed upon, I told her not to send my parts back unfinished.

Good morning Wayne,

Sorry for not responding earlier, I have been so busy and haven't been able to come into the office. As per our conversation regarding your parts, I tried explaining to you that they cannot be re-chromed, and that's the reason I want to send them back to you. The cancer in these items do not allow the copper to stick to the parts, it automatically bubbles up before we even get to apply the nickel followed by chrome, back in April when I took your parts I told you there was no guarantee on pot metal, which is also stated on my invoice, and yes, in fact due to my 25 years experience I had to advise you there was no guarantee, the condition of the parts was bad, and right from the beginning I told you there was a big chance they would bubble up, and that's exactly whats happening, I hoped there would be something else I could do to restore them, unfortunately that's not possible, it's not that we're not capable of doing them, simply the parts are no good, it doesn't matter what company has them, they'll tell you the same.

We will go ahead and re-chrome them at your request, but I do have to advise you again that they will bubble up, there are two small parts that are very fragile due to the cancer, there is no guarantee that they withstand the chroming process, but at your request having knowledge of their condition I will go ahead and proceed to chrome them.

Thank you for your time and understating Wayne
__________________________________________________________________________________________________
9/18/15 I sent another inquiry about my parts, below is the email, I asked for my parts back.

So, what is going on with my parts?
I have asked you to update me, yet I hear nothing,
They were supposed to be done by June, and I had to call you to find out what was going on the first week in June, now I want my parts back, I want them back now, I stood there in front of you at the swap meet for over a half hour and pointed out all the bubbles in them, asked you if you could make them better, I did not ask you if you could TRY to make them better, I asked "Can you make them better?" several times while pointing out all the bubbles and saying that I could not replace them, they had just been plated less than a year before and they were usable, I talked about them for over half an hour with you and the guy next to you, yet you took my money and parts after knowing I could not replace them.
I want my parts, I want them now, I have been waiting long enough, there are two taillight bezels with dividers, and two pieces that go below the taillight bezels.

wayne lueth
Inserted my address here

You have my money, that should cover the cost of sending the parts back to me in such a way that they WILL get to me.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I had heard nothing from her since the 9/18/15 email, so 9/28/15 I sent this email.

Well I have tried to get a response out of you, I give up, I will give you till the day after tomorrow to send all my parts to me with a tracking number, if there is no tracking number I will just assume the parts have not been sent.
The evening of Wednesday the 30th of September 2015 I will file a complaint with the Attorney Generals Office, I dare you to ignore them like you ignore me.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________

On 9/29/15 I received a reply, this is all the mail I received that day

Janet Mullen

Sep 29 (7 days ago)

to me

Good morning Wayne,

I apologize for not responding earlier, your parts are ready, waiting on weight and measurements of the package to create the label, once I have the total balance with shipping included, we'll go ahead and send you the invoice.

Thank you

Sep 29 (7 days ago)

to Janet

As I said, there is going to be a tracking number or I am filing a complaint tomorrow evening, and then I will let the state do my talking.
If you expect me to blindly send you any more money without me having the parts in my hands, you have to be out of your mind/crazy, that time has passed.

Sep 29 (7 days ago)

to me

What we can do is send it C.O.D that way you pay upon delivery, does that sound ok? I'll have to void the label we had made, I'll send you the tracking number in a few minutes

Sep 29 (7 days ago)

to me

Here's the tracking number, it will be going out today as C.O.D (money order or cashier's check only)
______________________________________________________________________________________________

wayne lueth

Sep 29 (7 days ago)

to Janet

I see that you sent an invoice between you sending a reply and me sending my reply back, I notice that you say there is only one valance on the invoice, so either that is a goof and there are two of them, or you lost one, as I handed you two of them, 2 bezels, 2 dividers, and 2 what you call a valance, that's going to be a problem for me if you lost one.
As I said, I will not be sending money blindly, that time has passed, I actually asked my friends about this, they told me I would be crazy to send you anymore money, as you would rip me off and I would deserve being ripped off for sending more money.
Now I see another email has been sent, COD doesn't allow me to look inside before paying for it, that would be blindly handing out money, that is not going to happen.

___________________________________________________________________________________
wayne lueth

Sep 29 (7 days ago)

to Janet

Don't send it out COD, I will not pay for it, I will not be handing out any money blindly, I could end up with a brick in a box.
I suggest that you figure out how many parts you have of mine.
I will be filing a complaint tomorrow evening,
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

wayne lueth

Sep 29 (7 days ago)

to Janet

More scamming, there is no tracking number in that reply, you cannot be believed.
All these emails are going to the state in my complaint, including the one that you say there is a tracking number that has no such number.

______________________________________________________________________________________
wayne lueth

Sep 29 (7 days ago)

to Janet

I just read your invoice again, along with it missing one of the pieces, it doesn't say you did anything to the parts, sounds like your selling my own parts back to me without chrome plating them to me.
I will not pay for my parts without seeing them with my own eyes.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Janet Mullen

AttachmentsSep 30 (6 days ago)

to me

Here is a picture of your parts, let me know how you'd like to proceed, as you can see, you will not be receiving a brick.. I am no in the business to scam people as you have mentioned in your email, I understand you're upset, but that does not condone your insults and threats. I have re-chromed your items as best as possible considering they were no good as you already knew, and by the way, they look beautiful! I have literally spent more time on this parts than any others to make sure you were happy with them .. I'm not expecting an apology, but I would appreciate respect, please.

Once you decide what to do as far as method of shipment and payment let me know, so we can create another label, two have already been voided thus far.

Thank you

___________________________________________________________________________________________
wayne lueth

Sep 30 (6 days ago)

to Janet

The parts in the attached photo look fine, you can send them COD with tracking and I will except the parcel.
Insure the parts for a lot, I will pay for the insurance, we want to make sure they make it.
I don't normally pay with money orders or cashiers checks, will the carriers except cash, if not make sure the invoice you send me has the complete total for everything, so I will be ready.

The invoice you sent only had 5 pieces listed, and it looked like a parts inventory only, it didn't say anything about the parts being plated, for all I knew, you put the copper coated parts in a box and said they were ready, all "ready" meant to me was that they were ready to be shipped, and you wanted money, that invoice said nothing about plating anything.

This went on for to long without updates of any kind, I have held off of any talk about this whole ordeal except on a private classic Datsun truck list I belong to, where I asked the members what they thought I should do.
I will hold off on filing the complaint today, I will give you enough time to ship the parts, I need a tracking number and Insurance(at least a thousand), I will thank you when the parts are in my hands.

Oct 5 (1 day ago)

to Janet

Can we just get this deal done with please.

This is where we are today(10/6/15), I have received no communication from her since attached photo of the parts was sent 9/30/15, as you can see I sent another email asking if we could just conclude this deal but I get nothing in return.
What do I want to resolve this issue,
I would like her to send my parts pictured in the attached photo of 10/30/15 COD with a tracking number and insurance, I will pay for it, I will also open the package up at the post office with witnesses so there is no doubt about what I receive.
I just want this over with. wayne

Janet Mullen
Oct 7 (10 days ago)

to me
Of course. We are currently out of the office doing a show, the inute we get back I'll make sure your parts get shipped, and yes, a tracking number will also be emailed to you

to Janet
Thankyou

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Below is the attached photo of the invoice I received, it says nothing about plating anything.
Attachments area
https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=a ... &safe=1&zw

_____________________________________________________________________________________
'
This is where I am at now on the date of 10/17/2015, I don't know what to do anymore except to file a complaint with the Attorney Generals Office, I hear nothing from this gal except when I threaten her with the Attorney Generals Office, and I am afraid to threaten her again because there might be some law that says I cannot keep threatening her that way, so all I can really do now is just file the complaint, I don't think I will get my parts any other way anymore if I get them at all.
She has had since the 30th of September to ship my parts, I personally think that is plenty of time.
“The difference between genius and stupidly is that genius has its limits” Albert Einstein

flatcat19
Title: AKA Smoke
Cars: Smaller. Better. Slower. Lower.

Re: Troubles I am having with "The Bumper Depot"

Post by flatcat19 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:23 pm

SMH. Some people's children.

wayno

Post by wayno » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:27 pm

Well it has been 3 weeks since I told her to ship them(the day she posted a photo of the parts), and it's been 2 weeks tomorrow since she said when she got back to the office she would ship the parts and send me a tracking number, I also told her in a previous email to insure it for at least a thousand, yet I have heard nothing.
I feel like if I even send her an email I will make it worse now, I just don't understand people, I made it clear what I wanted/needed from the very first day I talked to her, she didn't have to take the job.
I believe she is fucking with me now, and I wonder just how far she is going to go.
“The difference between genius and stupidly is that genius has its limits” Albert Einstein

flatcat19
Title: AKA Smoke
Cars: Smaller. Better. Slower. Lower.

Post by flatcat19 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:31 pm

She's calling your bluff. Time to call in the dogs.

wayno

Post by wayno » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:43 pm

flatcat19 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:31 pm wrote:She's calling your bluff. Time to call in the dogs.
What bluff, filing a complaint?
I wasn't bluffing, I told her I would hold off to give her time to ship the parts, it's been 3 weeks tomorrow since I said that, tomorrow I will go down to the Attorney Generals Office and ask if I can get in trouble for setting another deadline for Friday, as maybe there is a law against doing that, if so then I will just file the complaint without notifying her.

Ni10
Cars: 68 510 wagon, 71 521, 78 620 KC

Post by Ni10 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:59 am

take it, this is who your getting the " business" from ?
http://www.thebumperdepot.com/

from the Ebay feedback, your not alone in getting the screw.
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d ... &items=200
DRIVEN » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:01 am wrote: Datsuns don't break down. They just get unscheduled upgrades.

wayno

Post by wayno » Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:18 pm

Ni10 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:59 am wrote:take it, this is who your getting the " business" from ?
http://www.thebumperdepot.com/

from the Ebay feedback, your not alone in getting the screw.
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d ... &items=200

Yes that is her, I did search the company before I gave my parts to her(the night before), but the bad stuff didn't come up that time, it was mostly neutral, now when I search her I come up with some bad stuff, and that bad stuff was already out there because they old comments, I have no idea why this stuff didn't show up back then, maybe I screwed up and spelled the name wrong that day, there was no reviews saying run away back in April.

I went back to the Attorney Generals Office today and asked if there were any laws that said I could not say I was going to file a complaint against them again if I did not have a tracking number for a shipped package by a certain date, the guy looked at me and said he didn't know of any(he recognized me from 3 weeks ago), then he said "why don't you just file a complaint, it's a free service", I just looked at the ground and said something like I was trying to avoid it, I was kinda embarrassed.

I actually think I caught her in a lie the last time she sent an email, she said that she would ship the package when she got back to the office, as she was at a show, but on the email she sent 8/25/2015, she says, "Sorry for not responding earlier, I have been so busy and haven't been able to come into the office", she kinda makes it sound like she can only access her emails at the office, at least that is what it sounds like to me, so either she was lying back then, or she was lying about being at a car show on the last email.

Today I sent this email, "Do you think your going to ship my Datsun parts anytime soon?", if I don't get something in the next couple days.....................

izzo
Site Admin
Title: Save a pimp, Rent a bitch.
Cars: Too many

Post by izzo » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:44 pm

Damn dood. Rip her a new one. Hope you get your parts back.
8========D ~~~ ( o Y o )
jayden71: titty ponk
devilsbullet wrote: 1400 obo. and best offer doesn't mean 300 bucks you cheap bastards

Taterhead
Cars: '71 510 - Mine
'72 510 - Sons

Post by Taterhead » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:01 am

FILE THE COMPLAINT. FUCK HER. Plenty of time to do what she said she would. That is not the way someone should run a business.

wayno

Post by wayno » Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:41 pm

I sat down in front of the computer to file the complaint today, I had trouble with the connection, had to unplug the modem and restart it, when I finally had a connection, I opened up my mail inbox and found a message with a UPS tracking number from her.
It says it will be delivered Tuesday, I have work Tuesday, but am real close to my house that day in the afternoon, within 10 blocks, I wonder if I leave my phone number and the address of where I am at, if they will deliver it to me there.

Rjawm
Cars: two '85 720's, '95 and '89 D21's...'93 Accord wagon, '92 Rodeo, '14 Duramax

Post by Rjawm » Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:52 pm

Go to the UPS website and register with the MyUPS, it will give you access to make changes to the delivery. Some cost, like having a package redirected to a different address, but others, like having it held at the local UPS package depot, are free.

I placed an order for some ammunition without considering I'd be out of town when it would be delivered and chose to have them hold it rather than make multiple delivery attempts first. Worked out really smooth, but the local depot to me is only a 10 minute drive. Not sure where yours would be located.

Might be worth it for you to pay the fee and have the package redirected to your workplace instead.

Edit: Just thought I'd add that today, for a $3.50 fee, I was able to "upgrade" a Surepost package, UPS/USPS hybrid delivery, to a UPS ground shipment and divert it to a local UPS Store. Means I get it earlier with out the handoff to USPS and that it kept the package a secret from prying eyes. My sons birthday is soon lol.
Last edited by Rjawm on Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rjawm
Cars: two '85 720's, '95 and '89 D21's...'93 Accord wagon, '92 Rodeo, '14 Duramax

Post by Rjawm » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:14 pm

Any news on the parts ordeal Wayno?

I really hope all went well.

wayno

Post by wayno » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:03 pm

Rjawm » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:14 pm wrote:Any news on the parts ordeal Wayno?

I really hope all went well.

I wasn't home when the UPS guy came by, I put a note on the door asking him to call me when he showed up, but all he did was leave a sticker saying he would be by the next day(tomorrow) to try and deliver it again, it's a COD package, so I have to be here to pay for it.
I am not going to work tomorrow just to be here to except the package, I am ready with the money order requested on the sticker.
I dropped by the house today at 1pm and the UPS guy had already been here, I am hoping he comes early so I can leave to do a bid.

Rjawm

Post by Rjawm » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:50 pm

I didn't realize this was a COD shipment, damn, I'm sorry.

COD's are bad enough when they are for a business, can't imagine what a PITA that'd be for home delivery.

wayno

Post by wayno » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:13 am

I finally have them in my hands, I actually didn't think this was going to happen for a while.
The metal got a little thin on both dividers, but what can ya do, I can live with it.
One of the Bezels has 2 separate bubbles, and the other has one bubble, but they are way better than they were when I handed them to her.
The only reason I have these in the condition they are in is because I refused to accept less than I gave her, she wanted to bail on the whole thing and give me back un-plated parts, and I said it wasn't acceptable, if I had not went about it the way I did, I would have nothing, and I don't feel at all bad about it because I asked her, "Can you make them better", I didn't ask her if she could try to make them better, so this is how it turned out, except for all the sleep I have lost over this it turned out alright, but I will never use that place again.

510freak
Global Moderator
Title: DJ Jazzy Lou
Cars: Boo no 510 lol

Post by 510freak » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:16 pm

glad you got your parts back, sucks the ordeal.
Taterhead » Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:35 am wrote:[quote="Taterhead » Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:41 pm

Sorry, I was channeling my inner flatcat.

Rjawm

Post by Rjawm » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:39 pm

Glad to hear it had a happy ending.

wayno

Post by wayno » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:40 pm

I emailed this gal and said that the parts were fine, and better than the parts I handed her, then I said thankyou, she came back with a big "YES, tell your friends", I could not believe it, I was just being nice I thought to myself.
This email she sent was the first one sent after hours, so this is another time that makes me believe that she can respond to an email any time she wants to, and now I know that she was just screwing with me/ignoring me for days/weeks when I asked about my parts.

wayno

Post by wayno » Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:20 pm

Well this is over with now, and I am wondering if I should edit all of this, delete it, or leave it for others to see, I would never recommend using this vendors service to anyone, as she is not that great to deal with, even though the product turned out alright, her communication is almost nonexistent, sometimes she answered if I called her, but about half way threw, I wanted everything in writing so I could prove everything that was going on, you cannot prove what is said on the phone.
Should this stay or should this go?(this sounds like a song). :lol:

510freak
Global Moderator
Title: DJ Jazzy Lou
Cars: Boo no 510 lol

Post by 510freak » Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:49 pm

The choice is yours wayno, It could be put in general discussion?
Taterhead » Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:35 am wrote:[quote="Taterhead » Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:41 pm

Sorry, I was channeling my inner flatcat.