BOSS MP3 AM/FM Receiver

BLUE
Cars: (3) s30's , (2) s130's

BOSS MP3 AM/FM Receiver

Post by BLUE » Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:05 pm

I just ordered this BOSS MP3 AM/FM Receiver last night ( I don't have a CD player or MP3 / AM/FM receiver in my car as of current ).
50x4 power.
Cost was = $35.00 with free shipping.
If this one gets ripped off to .. then I'm not ouch much.

BOSS MP3 by 71240z, on Flickr

The rundown is as follows on my thoughts ...
I like the simplicity ... subtleness is bigger and bigger thing for me these days ... even though it has a cassette player look to it :lol: .
Honestly love the blue lit background ... that's a big plus for me :lol: .
What I was really after is the the SD and USB card slot to be able to play my music as I please.
I don't play CD's rarely if all anymore ... usually just use my MP3 player (like many people these days).
I have always hated keeping track of CD's or keeping them in nice condition
:fry:
I also ordered an 8gb SD card , and USB SD card thumb-drive reader ( for those not familiar plug the SD card into the USB ---> Plug into computer ... transfer songs into SD card and BAM done ! )

Everyone has different tastes ... and after having a few stereo's stolen out of my cars
:fa: (lol)
I decided that back to the basic's of just being able to play songs ... MP3/SD/USB 2.0 compatible ... troll the radio ... and now feel "to" stupid ONCE it gets ripped off is my main goal.

If you guys have some tips or thoughts/suggestions please feel free !

I'll be honest ... I know how to wire in a radio like any 16yr old ... doesn't mean I know much about what is suppose to be what :lol: :lol: ;)

I'll try to install this as it comes around in the list of priority's then update here ... for now it's a lower priority ( I may install while waiting if I get other stuff done ) ... I'm waiting on bigger items to get shipped at the moment , so I may get the ball rolling on the important stuff in my car !!! do'h lol.

Thanks for reading

BLUE
DRIVEN » Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:24 am wrote:
1. Make progress until broke.
2. Go make mo money.
3. Repeat.

Laecaon
Site Admin
Cars: '71 510 Wagon, 02 BMW 325i Wagon

Re: BOSS MP3 AM/FM Receiver

Post by Laecaon » Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:51 pm

YES! I have no need for CDs anymore. I want a digital media receiver for my car.

Course my 2 stipulations are: Bluetooth, and HDradio.

BLUE

Post by BLUE » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:30 pm

EXACTLY !

You should obtain one. ( when ready of course )

Those are good stipulations man :thumbs:

I am rather curious to see how well this one works.
2. Go make mo money.
3. Repeat.

Laecaon
Site Admin

Post by Laecaon » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:44 pm

And if you want help wiring the radio, feel free to ask, I have done quite a few in my day. I have done my wagon, and Jessi's wagon. 98 Corolla, 79 Rabbit.

About to install one in a 2001 ranger as soon as the parts come in.

izzo
Site Admin
Title: Save a pimp, Rent a bitch.
Cars: Too many

Post by izzo » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:08 pm

Here we go...

Alright. So here it is man. My gf has a boss or some shit in her car. yours looks a lot better, i would rock that DTP... The issue for me is. The cost of just digital media players seemed (maybe I should have looked twice) like they were a little higher for better known brands. I would have just bought a cheap dual or boss media player, but I like to have some kind of control over my amps, and more EQ options that just treble/bass.

I would have to look yours up, and see what the deal is. The media player in the 210 works fine. Hook up something to the USB, SD, or headphone jack, and off you go. It sounds ok for what it is... You can hear music while doing down the street..

However, for me.... Music is much more than just something going in the background. It feels more a part of me, it speaks to me... When I hear (certain music) it's like they made that song for me, ya dig? It's on a more deep level (sometimes). other time's its just time to rock out with your cock out.

I didn't go ape shit monday, but I did pick up a deck, new door speakers, new wiring kit for my amp.
Swooped in on a Kenwood CD player. It has aux and USB on the front, perfect for how I use my phone or my ipod.

Ideally, I don't by 2 or 3 way speakers. They blow and sound like shit. A set of component speakers is the way to go. you get two mids and two tweets... The mids hit the mid notes, and the tweets hit the high. You will get better, crisper, more clear sound and at higher volumes (but it all boils down to watts, RMS and max, how it's hooked up, cross overs blah blah)

I would have liked to picked up a better deck, with 3 RCA outputs. Then I would run component speakers in the front with mids/tweets and an amp, same with the rear, then my subs... But, budget! So here is what I ended up going with. It will work for now, I should have just ponied up the money to begin with so I didn't have to spend money later again, But when I'm finished with these speakers and deck I know a 210 that it would look real nice in, and its plenty loud enough for her as she don't care about super loud music like i do. I have to be able to crank it up, feel a kick to my chest from the drums to some rock, and speakers loud enough to not be drowned out by such subs.

Anyways, here is what I just went with. By the way, everything I just wrote is rambled and jumbled. But I used to build speaker boxes for a living. I know a bit about the stuff, tho I don't do installs hardly these days so I still have to rely on looking up how to wire subs to make them the correct ohms.

Kenwood KDC155U / 80 bucks

Some cheapo door speakers, non component :( I opted for this style, instead of the ones with plastic in the middle that the speaker slides around, and in the end of the speaker it has a tweeter. I've had those, and under high volumes the mids hit the tweeters and make a brbrbrrbrbrbrbbrrbrbbrb sound. No thanks

Then I have fozgate (sp?) 1500 watt amp
and two Kicker 12" CVR speakers. 400 watts RMS and 800 Peak (each speaker) and they are dual voice coils

Here's another tip!

When you buy speakers, and amps, or even speakers to attach straight to stereo. You want to try and match the RMS with the RMS. It'll sound better, and work better. It can be time consuming but worth it. you don't want a speaker thats rated 400watts RMS, 800 peak, hooked up to an amp thats 200 watts RMS and 800 peak... It's not right, the amp has to push harder than it wants to at a normal state.

And all this is stuffed in the B, or well the amp and speakers were... and will be again friday/saturday. It hits hard :lol: I gotta roll my fenders once I install the box.... Cuz I rub when I hit a bump, once I dump those speakers back in there itll rub all the time.
8========D ~~~ ( o Y o )
jayden71: titty ponk
devilsbullet wrote: 1400 obo. and best offer doesn't mean 300 bucks you cheap bastards

BLUE

Post by BLUE » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:58 pm

Hey Laecaon ! Thanks man.. I may take you up on that :thumbs:

Izzo ! Hory shat duder .. I'll read over all that again later lol good stuff ! ( my newbness is showing ! lolol )
Thanks for all the info man .. it's all respected and appreciated.
I never listened to my friends when I was 16-18 about stereo's that much if at all.
Mainly since I did mostly mechanical work on our cars instead (doh ! kinda wished I had earlier..).
:thumbs:
You're definitely right on the money though to the experience alone ! That can change your opinion of a product or feature drastically for sure !!!
I'm just tired of feeding crackheads my decks :lol: :troll: (effers ! doh ! lol )
I had a REALLY cool Sony deck like 11-years ago ... ( at least I thought ) not sure of the specs or anything , but it was neat :lol: :lol:
2. Go make mo money.
3. Repeat.

Laecaon
Site Admin

Post by Laecaon » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:11 am

Im about ready to order a Alpine DMR. For my newly gotten car (it has a sucky sounding stock radio, and well bluetooth is just so handy)

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_500UTE42BT ... -42BT.html

I forgot my 3rd stipulation with car stereos. Alpine or Pioneer only for me. Ok maybe JVC or Kenwood. I have always liked Alpines, Pioneers are good but I hate their designs as of late, JVC can be good and there designs are fairly standard, same goes with Kenwood. I think kenwood makes a solid deck though, but Alpine makes an even more solid deck.

Izzo, as far as speakers go, 2 ways suck. 3 ways can be fine, but you have to buy the right ones, and you have to have a car set up for them.

You should sit in my wagon sometime, I have some pretty basic infinity 2 ways, and they actually really rock.

izzo
Site Admin
Title: Save a pimp, Rent a bitch.
Cars: Too many

Post by izzo » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:15 am

Yeah, some are good man. I'm not saying all are bad. There's some cheapos in the 210 that sound pretty good with the cheap dual deck, I drove it last night and was surprised. Just that component is better :lol:

I've never used alpine, they were the beez kneez in the 90s. I like Pioneer decks, always have. But I have always been using Kenwood decks. They work good, and are a solid unit. I got a cheaper one, but the ones for 110 bucks and up had a much better design, you can pick your button/light colors, more features, faceplate design is better etc...

This will turn on, I can make some adjustments, and blow out my hearing. Done and done :D
8========D ~~~ ( o Y o )
jayden71: titty ponk
devilsbullet wrote: 1400 obo. and best offer doesn't mean 300 bucks you cheap bastards

graveltrapp

Post by graveltrapp » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:18 am

Two way or Coaxial speakers are the same as component setups without the ability to separate and mount the tweets in a more appropriate location. Those pictured above are the least desirable design of all speakers. One main cone trying to do the work of a mid and tweeter at the same time. Idea being that the small cone in the center acts as the tweeter but is being overrun by the bass and mid notes coming through the same cone at the same time. No win there.
Buy a good set of component or coaxial 6x9 or 6.5 rounds in the rear and gets Rokken with Dokken.
I have always preferred Alpine or Kenwood. Current setup in the 1200 consists of an oldschool twin knob alpine tape deck with cassette which I use a tape mini plug converter for iPod and phone hookup, non of which can come close to sounding as good as a good analog recorded cassette, 6.5 infinity components in rear deck and 5.25 in the front kick panels all being pushed by about 200 watts.
The front is where you will want the separate tweets so that you can mount them in a appropriate location so that they are not fireing in your legs and foot well which just gobble up all the mids and highs...............