Looking for Dime Quarterly color code info

Reese
Cars: 1969 510 Wagon

Re: Looking for Dime Quarterly color code info

Post by Reese » Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:41 pm

I would love to meet more local Datsun owners, esp ones with names I have seen a lot and read many posts by. I go to the cars n coffee meet near ikea in Portland on some Saturday mornings at 8 or 9am, usually a few Datsuns there and plenty of other cars. Sometimes go to the Stark St Pizza Datsun meet up, third Sunday every month and I will be at Bluelake and Canby for sure. Let me know if you wanna meet up at any of these and I will be there. My wagon is mostly stock and original paint, motor and interior. 62k original miles. Just went over most of it and added ZX struts and brakes and freshened up the suspension, cleaned cleaned, tuned and replaced missing stuff. A few more things to do but it's a great driver now. See y'all soon.

510freak
Global Moderator
Title: DJ Jazzy Lou
Cars: Boo no 510 lol

Post by 510freak » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:40 am

Reese wrote:Looks like the same color as my 69 wagon. Unfortunately my color code was gone off the sticker and I did not want to peel the smog sticker off to look for the stamp in the radiator support. I went to industrial paint in Portland with my cowl cover and they scanned it, came up with Rolls Royce Ivory as closest match. The did more digging and found an old Datsun paint chart and found the 817, Californian Yellow and mixed up a small bottle of touch up for $10. Great store!

Before buffing out the paint:

After:

Have fun,

Erik Reese
Portland Or

:thumbs:
Nice wagon!
Welcome to NWD
Taterhead » Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:35 am wrote:[quote="Taterhead » Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:41 pm

Sorry, I was channeling my inner flatcat.

Taterhead
Cars: '71 510 - Mine
'72 510 - Sons

Post by Taterhead » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:01 am

This may or may not help but here is a couple pics from a '69 I sold. Never been repainted.