Site Admin
Title: Save a pimp, Rent a bitch.
Cars: Too many

Re: Braap

Post by izzo » Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:34 pm

annnnnnnnnnnnnnd there's another one here :|
8========D ~~~ ( o Y o )
jayden71: titty ponk
devilsbullet wrote: 1400 obo. and best offer doesn't mean 300 bucks you cheap bastards

izzo
Site Admin

Post by izzo » Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:44 pm

8========D ~~~ ( o Y o )
devilsbullet wrote: 1400 obo. and best offer doesn't mean 300 bucks you cheap bastards

Taterhead
Cars: '71 510 - Mine
'72 510 - Sons

Post by Taterhead » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:41 am

At least now we know what you're flipping in the gayrage.

izzo
Site Admin

Post by izzo » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:50 am

:rofl:

I have a bad reputation for flipping things. It's never my intention in the beginning. It's always come down to the line.. I run out of money, shit comes about.. and I gotta come up with monies quick.

I sacrifice my toys, datsuns, work, blood sweat and tears to make sure the house will stay afloat. It sucks a lot of the time. There were a few times I have sold cars just to get something else as I got bored with it.

This blue KC i have in my garage I got for the soul purpose of flipping. I have no interest in it. There's a 710 wagon calling my name. I haven't had me one of those yet!

The CR80 I was going to put together and flip, but then the kids were like awwwwwww dad i wanna ride it. So i planned on keeping it. Then i tore it down. It's gonna be a cluster fucker to get it finished.... So I swooped on the XR100. It needs less work, a bit shorter, more mellow for hte kids.

CR is up for sale, i may finish it if nobody buys it. We shall see. They are fun little rockets to ride around on. These thing will haul a 250lb man at 60mph with room to go across sand... Only real issue is top heavy. Short wheel base its hard to rip up nasty hills. But a fuck ton of fun on trails and such.

8========D ~~~ ( o Y o )

izzo
Site Admin

Post by izzo » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:10 pm

I sold the CR80 tonight.

I had planned on buying all the needed parts friday and having the swing arm bolt pressed out tomorrow. But a friend of my gf's wanted it, so sold it.

Have bike money now for the XR100. Needs master link and intake inlet. Should have the master link tomorrow, maybe the intake inlet too depending how much the local shop wants to rape me.

Also made new riding buddies selling that CR. Good shit

8========D ~~~ ( o Y o )

izzo
Site Admin

Post by izzo » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:30 pm

Success is mine!!

This thing ran completely like shit. I cleaned the carb yesterday, it was caked in shit... Still ran like shit!

Busted out the manual. set the air/fuel to factory, and realized there should be a super duper tiny hole in the pilot jet. I didn't see one yesterday... I tried wire thru it but no luck, figured it just mixed gas/air on the end of it since it has holes in the tube then a hole at the tip. Well, i used a super small needle and got a hole in there... Threw it together and it runs fucking awesome. no more smoke, no more sporadic idle... Everything is set where it should be.. Didn't even have to use full choke, just half. runs amazing.

8========D ~~~ ( o Y o )

Taterhead
Cars: '71 510 - Mine
'72 510 - Sons

Post by Taterhead » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:27 am

It's so great when it's something simple. Time to go ride. MEOW

izzo
Site Admin

Post by izzo » Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:03 pm

And the brap continues. After much clean up on the XR. I traded it tonight.

Pics tomorrow bitches!
8========D ~~~ ( o Y o )

izzo
Site Admin

Post by izzo » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:21 am

1985 Suzuki dr250

It's technically a enduro bike. Its titled and had a plate number. I could plate it and ride on the street. Its setup for dirt tho. Swing arm has no spots for second rider pegs. Not even holes for it. All the other ones I've seen pics of have pegs or spots for them. Some have signal lights too. Aussie ones anyways. Bike is heavy as all Fuck. 280lbs wet. I traded the xr100 for it. I am into all this for a cool 152 bucks.

Its in amazing conditions for the age. Bearings are good. Motor is clean and runs amazing. Don't even have to choke it. First kick Braaaaaaaaap every time. Two tears in the seat. Side plastic is broke on one side an other side is missing. Other than that it's pristine. Straight gold takasago rims. Everything is good. Even had a sticker and spark arrestor.

8========D ~~~ ( o Y o )

K_trip
Cars: DATSUN
67 Bluebird R16/5spd
71 510 Goon L16/4spd
74 Li'l Hustler L16/4spd

Post by K_trip » Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:12 pm

izzo wrote:Bike is heavy as all Fuck. 280lbs wet. I traded the xr100 for it. I am into all this for a cool 152 bucks.
It might be a 250, but it's very different from your KX250 - not only the weight, everything about it is different.
Still, it looks like it's in great shape. That's a cool deal. :)

izzo
Site Admin

Post by izzo » Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:56 pm

K_trip » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:12 pm wrote:
izzo wrote:Bike is heavy as all Fuck. 280lbs wet. I traded the xr100 for it. I am into all this for a cool 152 bucks.
It might be a 250, but it's very different from your KX250 - not only the weight, everything about it is different.
Still, it looks like it's in great shape. That's a cool deal. :)

Ohhh yeah! It is way diferent. The KX is a MX bike lol. Setup for going fast. But i also had it setup to lug down and smooth out the transition from cruising to powerband. Also regeared it.

This should be a fun trail bike. If anything else I will find some new plastics for the side, and throw it up for trade for an XR200 or something similar... Or sell it and buy an XR200 lol. I think the XR200 is lighter, but i will have to read up to be sure.

I also started a thread on the largest bike site, thumpertalk.. see what parts interchange between what years. Thumpertalk store has a fuck ton of parts not normally listed by RMATV. So its quite nice....
8========D ~~~ ( o Y o )

izzo
Site Admin

Post by izzo » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:12 am

Well.

The day of the two wheel brap has ended. Meet the yamaha warrior 350 thumper. Seen it on CL last night. Kid said his grandpa bought it new, he rode it maybe five times around the block to show people. And used it hunting once. It's been sitting since. He said he got it a few days back but wants two wheels. So I traded him the Suzuki for it.

He said it ran great once it ran, but it was a huge pain in the ass to start. Pulled it for days till it finally ran. I said oh hum.. Maybe carb needs cleaned eh? He doesn't know anything about cars/bikes or just motors really. So he's like yeah maybe idk.. So I give it a good once over. Check for leaks, check for rust. Check for VIN, check bearings etc. See what I'm dealing with... Great compression, suspension good still. Bearings tight. The cables needed a small adjustment to my liking and some fucking lube. You can tell they are original and hardly used. Same with the quad itself. There is no wear on the paint at all or side cases. No missing paint really cept a few rock chips. you can tell it's been grandpa owned. Only real damage sun fading. Guess grandpa had some good windows in his garage :|

So after the checking over. I asked him.. You realize this is push button start too right? He said no its not... I lolled.. Said yeah man, see that "Electric 350" That means its electric start. Battery probably dead... He said no way man the lights come on tho!! he turned the lights on and nothing came on :rofl: Yeah dude, the battery probably held a small charge from you riding it earlier... Soooo... I said yeah man.. I think it's an OK deal.. Said you're coming out on top on this deal - But since you drove all teh way to my house instead of meeting me we'll call it close enough eh?.... We load up my bike and I said good luck man!

So I get down there... I pull the seat off. Sure as shit. There is the original battery, oh and a bag of tools for it! These are the stock tools. Tools even say Yamaha on them! Haha too fucking cool! Now, he had a hell of a time starting this thing the day before. Now I hadn't heard it even run. I just rolled the dice. he ran it the day before and said it was a bitch to start. Pulled it for half an hour before it finally started... Well i text him and asked him if he used the choke at all... He said he didn't know it had one...

I pulled the choke out. Second pull she came right to life and sounded like it just rolled out the show room. So other than some plastics, replacing a few cables down the road she is solid. I already priced out a battery at about 40 bucks online. Cables shouldn't be too expensive. I may just buy some lube and see if I can save these first. They still move just stiff like the lube is dried out.

Blah blah pics bitch

8========D ~~~ ( o Y o )

DRIVEN

Post by DRIVEN » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:32 pm

You moved up. Now don't ruin it by riding in the sand.
When the only tool you have is a hammer every problem starts to look like a hippy.

draker
Cars: 1969 Datsun 510 - 4 door
1971 Datsun 510 - 2 door
1992 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo
2002 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4

Post by draker » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:53 pm

You find all the brap deals. Nice work.

izzo
Site Admin

Post by izzo » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:08 pm

DRIVEN » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:32 pm wrote:You moved up. Now don't ruin it by riding in the sand.

Draker, I search CL daily. Email 100 people a day. Sooner or later someone bites.

I actually got this to be able to take it to the dunes now and then. I know the harshness of sand getting in your stuff. You have to clean your chain, bearings, filter a lot. I'm prepared for it. I also am getting a good air filter and air filter oil, along with a pre filter to help keep stuff out. Will be mostly trails, but I want the option to rip it up at the beach!

Cleaned the carb tonight. Runs a lot better so far. Need to tune the air/fuel. IDK what stock is so I ran it 1 1/2 turns out. Started it up and shut off the choke, it did one back fire. Before I get to much more into this I need to change the oil just to be safe. IDK how old it is.
8========D ~~~ ( o Y o )

izzo
Site Admin

Post by izzo » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:12 pm

plastic will clean up OK. 300 grit. Don't care to make it smoother. Got some elbow grease to do.
8========D ~~~ ( o Y o )

DRIVEN

Post by DRIVEN » Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:17 am

I wasn't trying to be a bossy prick even though it probably came across that way. Just figured since it wasn't likely going to be a permanent addition to your fleet it would be best to protect your investment. I know lots of guys who, when shopping, say they won't touch a bike/quad that's been in sand. That's why you often see the phrase "never been in sand" used in sale ads. Obviously a purpose-built sand toy like a paddled Banshee or sandrail would be the exception. Just thought I'd throw that out there.
That really does look like a sweet toy. Too bad the plastics got dried out but they look like they'll clean up OK. What year is it?
When the only tool you have is a hammer every problem starts to look like a hippy.

izzo
Site Admin

Post by izzo » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:38 am

DRIVEN » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:17 am wrote:I wasn't trying to be a bossy prick even though it probably came across that way. Just figured since it wasn't likely going to be a permanent addition to your fleet it would be best to protect your investment. I know lots of guys who, when shopping, say they won't touch a bike/quad that's been in sand. That's why you often see the phrase "never been in sand" used in sale ads. Obviously a purpose-built sand toy like a paddled Banshee or sandrail would be the exception. Just thought I'd throw that out there.
That really does look like a sweet toy. Too bad the plastics got dried out but they look like they'll clean up OK. What year is it?

Eh? Never come across that way to me lol. Maybe it's cus we've known or been around each other long enough I know that's not your way..

I do know what you mean man. I have had quite a few bikes lol. That phrase does come up often. Even when I put "Never been in the sand" people still ask. Sand really does a number on your toys if you don't clean and scrub like a mother fucker and replace bearings/seals often and constant lube them. Even then its a pain in the dick. Even a grain of sand in your grease will mess things up. so it's a lot of work.

Last night I cleaned the carb out. Seems to run a bit better. I just need to find the stock A/F mixture for the screw and should be tits. Starts real easy and runs super smooth. It was kind of jumping around on the rpms a little bit. Super smooth now! I decoded the VIN. I was hoping it was a little newer, but it's an 87. I can't believe how little use this has had. I love grandpa owned things.

To do
Oil change
Lube cables
Buy a battery -- Optional. Starts easy with pull start for now but that will get old quick!
And the good old Clean up :|

I forgot to mention. The yamaha blaster 2 stroke 250 would stomp this thing. This warrior is a bit heavy and not the fasest but she will rip and move quite nicely. Here's the thing, and why I was so eager to trade.

That suzuki was in excellent shape. And if I looked at the parts ficsh, i could find new parts for it. But just simple things. Like piston, not much else... Bearings and such of course, but not other parts.

This warrior was made from 87 to 2004. They still make parts like a mofo. Readily available and 99% of them will swap around to other years. F yeah! Aftermarket support here we come!
8========D ~~~ ( o Y o )

K_trip
Cars: DATSUN
67 Bluebird R16/5spd
71 510 Goon L16/4spd
74 Li'l Hustler L16/4spd

Post by K_trip » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:42 am

izzo wrote:He said it ran great once it ran, but it was a huge pain in the ass to start. Pulled it for days till it finally ran. I said oh hum.. Maybe carb needs cleaned eh?

I asked him.. You realize this is push button start too right? He said no its not... I lolled.. Said yeah man, see that "Electric 350" That means its electric start. Battery probably dead... He said no way man the lights come on tho!! he turned the lights on and nothing came on :rofl:
I pull the seat off. Sure as shit. There is the original battery, oh and a bag of tools for it!

Well i text him and asked him if he used the choke at all... He said he didn't know it had one... I pulled the choke out. Second pull she came right to life and sounded like it just rolled out the show room.
You stole that thing, that is too fucking funny!

DRIVEN

Post by DRIVEN » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:47 am

That thing would be perfect for trips to Compound East.