The never ending Project(s)

flatcat19
Title: AKA Smoke
Cars: Smaller. Better. Slower. Lower.

Re: The never ending Project(s)

Post by flatcat19 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:40 pm

Maybe I missed it, but is this your full time gig now?

No more Les Schwab?

izzo
Site Admin
Title: Save a pimp, Rent a bitch.
Cars: Too many

Post by izzo » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:55 pm

Still work there, just waiting on the dr to release me back to work.... I feel fine, she says it needs to heal more.. W/e
8========D ~~~ ( o Y o )
jayden71: titty ponk
devilsbullet wrote: 1400 obo. and best offer doesn't mean 300 bucks you cheap bastards

Taterhead
Cars: '71 510 - Mine
'72 510 - Sons

Post by Taterhead » Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:07 am

I hate it when Docs do that shit. Last time one told me that I asked if he wanted me to forward my bills to his address.

I had "clearance" to go back to work before I left.

izzo
Site Admin

Post by izzo » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:12 pm

Sanding the blue b210 down. Gonna even it out and make the whole car look the same. You can see the door is before, and obviously the rest is the rest.. The paint is really shitty paint.. Chips easy, scratches easy... Same paint that was on my old blue 510 wagon... Garbage... Once I get finished, I will sand it one more time with 320 or something to make it smooth, I am going to shoot matte clear coat on it. stay tuned

8========D ~~~ ( o Y o )
devilsbullet wrote: 1400 obo. and best offer doesn't mean 300 bucks you cheap bastards

izzo
Site Admin

Post by izzo » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:42 pm

Well I found a threaded clutch rod. Installed it!

I bled the living fuck out of the brakes, pedal still not like I want it. I will double check the rear brakes to make sure they are adjusted properly. E brake does seem kind of higher than it should be... I have bled it so much, it's all new fluid!

Still left to do... Clean up little more wiring. Install new headlight switch. install seats. Weld up exhaust, new heater hoses... Flush heater core. Title and tab it... It'll be an OK daily after that. The carb on her car (weber) is newer and in good working order. But it is a manual choke. Kind of want to get her an electric one. Either that or will have to teach her how to let the car warm up before taking off. We shall see.
8========D ~~~ ( o Y o )

izzo
Site Admin

Post by izzo » Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:59 pm

Welder in my hands. seats and exhaust coming soon. Then choke cable, headlight switch and a shake down... Ill shake it down before headlight switch. May start driving it around town for a few weeks. Then let the wife practice on it down the back roads some more... If she does well with it for a few months, I may let her drive the butterscotch one for a bit.... IDK yet.
8========D ~~~ ( o Y o )

izzo
Site Admin

Post by izzo » Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:05 pm

Life has literally cut me off at the knees. For fucks sake.. It just keeps getting worse.

The show must go on, however. I have lost motivation on my datsuns. and everything really for that matter. Anyways, wrenching again today. So... Should have pics later. Currently pulled the flywheel off the 521 motor and inspected the rear main seal. Good shape, no leaks. Installed flywheel and torqued, also use a drop or two of blue locktite. installing the clutch now. Going to mate the trans back up and throw it back in the truck.....

Anyone by chance have a 521 clutch hard line I could have for free niteny nine??? Do need. Mine snapped. that part is holding me up right now. i also may need a driver side front brake hardline. I know they sell replacements at napa but I am broke and need these parts. So that's that

Wayno, I still want to get that weber carb off you so I can get this one fully functional again. This truck is close to running I just need some odds and ends.

Pics to come here in a while
8========D ~~~ ( o Y o )

wayno

Post by wayno » Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:47 pm

I had it with me at Blue Lake in case you were there.
It's still in the garage, although I am a little worried that the accelerator pump doesn't work on this one either, it was a bitch to get the engine started, and it didn't seem to have that lunge when one floored it, it just kinda sped up at its own discretion(the freedom to decide what should be done in a particular situation).
It would start up fairly easy if run every day, but let it sit for 3 days and the battery better be good, as it turned over for a while, the dual SUs changed all that, it starts right away now, so it's the carb that was the issue, not the engine or any other part of it.
“The difference between genius and stupidly is that genius has its limits” Albert Einstein

izzo
Site Admin

Post by izzo » Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:44 am

The rubber deal inside may just need replaced. under that cover is a square rubber deal with a spring in it... they wear out over time. Will replace if need be... Would have liked to been at blue lake, just wasn't able to make it this go around.
8========D ~~~ ( o Y o )

Taterhead
'72 510 - Sons

Post by Taterhead » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:04 am

Head up dude. Good luck

izzo
Site Admin

Post by izzo » Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:57 pm

Well well well....

Here we go with the Blue B210

Got the exhaust done. I didn't have a welding helmet. I'm ashamed of the welds. Oh well, fix another day.
Needs headlight switch. need to adjust rear brakes
Need to install seats, still. But found a good solution that may work. See end of post for the seat situation
Notice the radiator leaks. Fuck. Pretty sure the core support leaks, too. God damn it. Oh well, figure that out later.
No pics, since nothing really done.
Hope to have it titled and tabbed in a week.

71 521. Old clutch off, out and gone. New clutch installed. New pilot and throw out bearing.
New slave cylinder
New master brake and clutch
New rubber hoses for front brakes
I broke the hardline that goes from master/slave on the clutch. Will need to replace that
Swooped a carb from wayno, so my carb is now complete
Engine is back in it. Bolted down, trans bolted down, drive line bolted down.
Need to install starter, and hook all the wires up, hoses etc.
Waiting for Joe Yantis to get wheels and tires from Brian Hatfield, off that white 720 KC. I kept those in the deal
Here's some pics of that.

My 76 B210. Not much news there. The heater hose that goes from the right side of the heater core to the left side blew out, the one that's way back behind and a pain in the ass to get to. However it is the stock hose, so 40 years on the dot it lasted... So, replaced it. Good to go!
Brakes are due for adjustment.

Meet the ugly fuckling. Got it to flip it and make a few bucks. It was listed as a 1981 210, with a 5 speed. Come to find out it was listed wrong. It's an 82 with 5 speed. Did some looking around on ebay for sold listings of 82 510 5 speeds. It is confirmed the stock 5 speed. Shifts like butter, no grinds. Works tits. Needs a bath. Anyways... The last few listings they sold at the 1400 dollar mark with 20-40 bids. So scored big time.
Not sure what I want to do with it, yet. The steering needs some work. Tie rods at the last, probably ball joints too. And then a fresh alignment. Brakes are nice and tight. Trunk has a tiny bit of rust where the rear tail light panel meets the floor. Bottoms of the door. Then the driver rear QP got a little squished. Needs a new tail light and a little love with a hammer and dolly. I may just throw a 4 speed in it and pitch the car for a few hundred bucks and keep the 5 speed for myself. Adrianne's 74... I am goin to throw an automatic in her car. So there's the 4 speed. I got an automatic transmission lined up just need to go get it. The only thing I am lacking for the swap is an automatic driveline. They are different lengths. Anyone have one they can spare?

Either going to throw a 4 speed in it and sell it, or keep it for a beach beater. Either way a 4 speed is going in it and that unicorn 5 speed is coming out and getting hidden in the corner for the time being.
Pics of ugly fuckling.

Then this... Scored this, for a low low low low price :rofl:
I put up a wanted ad for a 4 speed and dude gave me this, with title. I am giving it to my son. I asked him if he is into datsuns, and he said yeah and wants one like mine. I've been talking with him a lot and telling him i want to build cars with him. So he and I will build this. He turns 16 soon. Good first car!
First thing is first. We will drop the tank, clean it well, check for leaks. Blow out the lines. Clean the carb out... Throw in some fresh gas, spark plugs, points (actually, I could pull the matchbox dizzy out of that 210 I suppose!) anyhow. For now, just basically give it a real good tune up. Fire it up and see what happens. I suspect the carb WILL leak. I have this weber wayno gave me for parts. I gave the electronic choke piece to Brian Knop. And I pulled the acellerator pump off. But those are pieces I can pick up online. I could give this a rebuild and throw it on there just to get it around if need be. Once we figure out what works, what doesn't, and get everything to work that doesn't... Plus fix any leaks that it may have. IE gaskets, hoses etc. They should all be replaced. Flush the coolant system. Bleed the brakes, see if they are frozen or any good at this point. new tires... He will have a car he helped build or pretty much did himself with me there to help.

Should note, the kid in the picture is not my son, but Brian Hatfield son.
8========D ~~~ ( o Y o )

DRIVEN

Post by DRIVEN » Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:13 am

Find a 1200 carb for it.
When the only tool you have is a hammer every problem starts to look like a hippy.

Taterhead
'72 510 - Sons

Post by Taterhead » Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:29 am

With all that stuff going on you sure do have the title of the thread right.

That's why I have 2 510's, one for me and one for me and my son to build together.

izzo
Site Admin

Post by izzo » Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:03 pm

Driven,

I would like to find a couple 1200 carbs. One for each of my A series motors.

Tater, ohhh yeah lol. I would like to sell that 210. At the same time, I kind of just want to yard the engine/trans out and pitch it. I have the title so I can scrap it. And RedBanner wants the control arms and such off of it. The motor smokes a bit when revved out. IDK if it's the rings, or the valve seals. The car has sat for quite some time actually, so who knows. The engine is a bit grimy. I have someone that is willing to come get it and haul it off for scrap. If i go that route. I could use the seats from it for Adrianne's car, I would have a matchbox distributor, an IR alternator for any of my A series cars. A spare motor, and a really expensive transmission. --- Also redbanner would get the parts he wants for free ninety nine.

I am in the ugly fuckling for 150 dollars, which I borrowed. So really I need to come up 150 dollars on it to get that paid off. I would like the parts, but really IDK.... Seems like throwing a 4 speed in it and sending it down the road for 4 or 500 bucks may be the right choice. Land lord puts up with my shit but I am pushing the limits right now. I have 4 cars here :rofl: a 521 brick in my garage. My daily, adriannes car. Then this ugly fuck sitting up on city street so she can't say anything about it. And the son's car that needs to come.... Aye Aye Aye.

Once I get paid from this job I'm currently doing I should have the resources to get title and tabs done on the blue car. Also the money to finish the 521. I need just a few more parts, and to quit being lazy and put the sumbitch together.
8========D ~~~ ( o Y o )

Taterhead
'72 510 - Sons

Post by Taterhead » Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:19 am

That last sentence is my problem with everything it seems.

Sounds like you got a plan. Work it, don't let it work you.

izzo
Site Admin

Post by izzo » Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:03 pm

Working it as we speak. Down stairs... Working on the green dragon lol. It is all together. Motor in. All wiring done, alternator hooked up. Only thing missing is heater core hoses/radiator... that will come after a few test fires... Won't hurt it to run a minute without coolant
8========D ~~~ ( o Y o )

wayno

Post by wayno » Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:51 pm

I test run engines all the time without coolant, but I don't fun them longer than a couple minutes, I don't really rev them much either, I just run them a little above an idle to make sure they are good, but they do need oil in them. :lol:
“The difference between genius and stupidly is that genius has its limits” Albert Einstein

izzo
Site Admin

Post by izzo » Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:43 pm

Yeah lol

Running a few minutes tops with no coolant is ok. Just the no oil thing is baaaaaaaaaad. I got paid for a job today, so going to go get a jug and fill her up and see what happens. It only runs a few seconds then dies. Pretty sure it's the carb. I have the weber from you, but i gave the electronic choke to the guy who picked it up for me. I will try and run that carb and see how she does!
8========D ~~~ ( o Y o )

wayno

Post by wayno » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:28 pm

It was a bitch to get started, but once started it ran alright.
I must say that if I started it everyday, it wasn't that hard to get going, it was really bad though if it sat a week.

izzo
Site Admin

Post by izzo » Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:16 pm

Well.

Say goodbye to the ugly fuckling! It's getting ripped apart and going away.
8========D ~~~ ( o Y o )