Around Waynos house

Taterhead
Cars: '71 510 - Mine
'72 510 - Sons

Re: Around Waynos house

Post by Taterhead » Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:07 am

Damn, that does not look comfortable. Definitely talk to the doc about it.

wayno

Post by wayno » Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:33 pm

I worked 8 and a half hours today, after moving that 3 cord of wood this last weekend, and this day of work, I can hardly stand up, both my knees are hurting.
“The difference between genius and stupidly is that genius has its limits” Albert Einstein

wayno

Post by wayno » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:24 pm

I survived this week. :lol:
I think I am going to have to buy a new camera, I have to use my fingernail to help the lens come out, then I have to help it go back into the body of the camera also, I have dropped it to many times.
It also looses it's settings if I remove the CD card and forget to put it back in the camera for more than a day, I think the internal battery is low and when the card is out, the operating batteries are also disabled, that is likely why the internal battery is low.

I will likely go get the last of the wood tomorrow, or maybe Sat. if it is wet out tomorrow, I need to remember to take photos of where the wood is and how far uphill I have to roll it to get it out of there, I also will have to take the chain saws, as the last pieces are to big for me to handle.
“The difference between genius and stupidly is that genius has its limits” Albert Einstein

wayno

Post by wayno » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:38 pm

I fell off a shed roof today, I landed on my left shoulder hard, I don't believe I broke anything as it has not swelled up or bruised yet, it doesn't actually hurt that much unless I try lifting my arm.
I know, don't lift your arm then. :lol:

DRIVEN

Post by DRIVEN » Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:11 pm

Knock that shit off! That's your hangin out the Datsun window and lookin cool arm.
When the only tool you have is a hammer every problem starts to look like a hippy.

wayno

Post by wayno » Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:53 pm

Well here is what my body looks like now.

Taterhead
'72 510 - Sons

Post by Taterhead » Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:34 am

Pretty color, highlights your eyes. :rofl:

wayno

Post by wayno » Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:41 pm

At least it appears I didn't break anything, when I was at the doctors about the pain in my joints that caused all this crap, I told him what had happened after we talked about the joint pain, and showed him the bruise, he moved my arm around, asked me to do a couple things, then he started talking about a medicine called Gabapentin(300mg) for the pain, it's not an anti-inflammatory which is what they are trying not to give me which is what is in Ibuprofen which I really do miss, oh how I miss my Ibuprofen, so now I am taking this pill. :(
The problem here is that I don't know if this pill is actually working as I don't have any big jobs on the calendar, my pain starts at about 5 hours of straight working, but my longest job lately has been 3 and a half hours, so I don't know if it is working.
Another thing that has started to worry me is that I read the directions/warnings about that medication, it is used for controlling seizures and shingles pain, so if I stop taking it, will I start having seizures. :(

izzo
Site Admin
Title: Save a pimp, Rent a bitch.
Cars: Too many

Post by izzo » Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:49 pm

Jeeeeez dude!!

That's rough. Anybody you know around that could help you out?
8========D ~~~ ( o Y o )
jayden71: titty ponk
devilsbullet wrote: 1400 obo. and best offer doesn't mean 300 bucks you cheap bastards

wayno

Post by wayno » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:34 pm

I am fine, I am trying to work only 3/4 hours a day, small jobs.
I don't believe that anything got broke, I can still feel it sometimes, but I have worse aches and pains to distract me. :lol:
I do not believe that the pill the doctor prescribed me is doing anything, Tylenol works better which isn't saying much.

wayno

Post by wayno » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:11 pm

I put in a kitchen faucet today, they don't really make them like they used to anymore, instead of screwing them together like the old days(tried and true), they now use o-rings and clips, and they are made out of plastic, to me it's stupid, plastic degrades way faster over time than copper.
It works great though, was easy to install, didn't really even need directions although I read them after I was done to make sure I got it right, it's weird how a lot of stuff was deleted like the plastic nuts on the sides, there was nothing on the sides, it just had the one main nut holding the whole thing in.

wayno

Post by wayno » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:40 pm

Well I got a call today from the doctor, I have been whining/bitching about my right hand/wrist for a while now, I had an appointment and went last Friday and they took an Xray this time, the nurse informed me that I had severe arthritis in my right wrist and I was to take Tylenol, use heat, exercise the joint, and if needed I could come in and get a Cortisone injections as I qualified for them, I told her I exercise cleaning gutters out nearly everyday, and since the appointment it had gotten worse, I also said that injections don't fix it, it just works till I need another injection, I said I was more interested in a long term fix and I got silence, so I said I was going to get a break from work later this week(because of low temps), and would see how it worked out.
I have been bitching about this for a while, but all they do is suggest things that I am already doing for the most part, they did give me "Gabapentin(Neurontin)" a while back for pain, but like Tylenol, it didn't do anything except make me light headed a couple times a few hours after taking it.
Anyone on here ever had Cortisone Injections?

DRIVEN

Post by DRIVEN » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:01 pm

Working man's curse. Sorry to hear it. My joints get finicky this time of year too. I've been taking Glucosamine for a couple years off and on. Seems to help but takes a few days to start working. I hate Neurontin and haven't ever heard anyone else who's taken it say anything good.
Hope the days off give you a chance to recover.
When the only tool you have is a hammer every problem starts to look like a hippy.

wayno

Post by wayno » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:24 pm

DRIVEN wrote:Working man's curse. Sorry to hear it. My joints get finicky this time of year too. I've been taking Glucosamine for a couple years off and on. Seems to help but takes a few days to start working. I hate Neurontin and haven't ever heard anyone else who's taken it say anything good.
Hope the days off give you a chance to recover.
So it goes away when the temps get higher?
It doesn't really bug me till I get home and quit working, the worst is when I have my hand on the mouse surfing the internet, my wrist lays on the table and it starts freaking out, I might have to start using my left hand on the mouse and let my right hand rest palm up on my leg, it doesn't bug me that way, but it does the same thing when I am trying to get to sleep, can't have my palm down, it has to be up.

DRIVEN

Post by DRIVEN » Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:40 pm

It doesn't go away, just gets better.

wayno

Post by wayno » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:53 pm

I know I am not to the injection stage yet, not even close.
Winter has only started, and my house temp is always around 75 to 80 degrees, so I just don't understand why my wrist is any different than it being the summer, it's summer in this house year round.
I will try Glucosamine, I used to take it several years ago and then for some reason stopped, I actually stopped taking my Vitamins after the heart attack also, I have only took what they were prescribing me since, I suppose I should start taking them again also.
I was doing good till I started trying to work full time instead of part time.

Taterhead
'72 510 - Sons

Post by Taterhead » Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:58 am

Just a snowball chance in hell guess but maybe it gets inflamed due to use during the day and hurts at night when you "slow down". From what I've heard, cortisone shots help but I've never had one. I'm pretty sure they work until you need another one. I think vitamins wouldn't hurt either, unless there's something in them that would interact with the meds you take.

wayno

Post by wayno » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:28 pm

That meds interacting with other meds/vitamins is always on my mind, I worry a little about taking Ibuprofen as I have read a few things that say it can mess with the blood thinner I am taking, but Tylenol doesn't really work and the Ibuprofen does, if I take one Ibuprofen(200mg) in the middle of the night I sleep pretty good after that, I don't when taking Tylenol like all the doctors say to take, and when I tell them it don''t work, they just act like they didn't hear me.
I used to take a lot of Ibuprofen before the heart attack, it is not why I had the heart attack, but they keep saying it can give me a heart attack and they mention a study about it, but every time I search about it, it is mentioned, but it appears to be a small number that have an issue.
Now that I am not taking a lot of Ibuprofen, but I am having all these issues with pain in my joints, I have had carpel tunnel in both hands for years and was told to take Ibuprofen by a doctor, and now I have what they say is severe arthritis in my right wrist also, so I am getting hit in two opposite directions, a double whammy, I need the Ibuprofen to reduce the inflammation of carpel tunnel, but I am not supposed to take it, and Tylenol don't work for the inflammation or the pain, Tylenol must work for some people, otherwise it would not be out there, but it doesn't do much for me.
I am such a whiner. :lol:

DRIVEN

Post by DRIVEN » Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:57 am

And that is why I haven't been to a doctor in years. They don't seem to listen, they all contradict each other, never want to commit to a diagnosis, and most that I've been to as an adult seem much more interested in giving me a prescription to mask a symptom rather than actually address the root cause. If I'd accepted every pain med prescription that has been pushed on me I'd probably have a heroin habit by now. I love doctors like I love lawyers.

510freak
Global Moderator
Title: DJ Jazzy Lou
Cars: Boo no 510 lol

Post by 510freak » Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:44 am

I had a cortisone injections in my shoulder about 20 years ago(actually, if I remember right,i had 3 different shots)
it did very little for myself, I can for some reason still feel it there? I have bursitus in the shoulder.
I have heard it helps some people, would i ever do it again,nope
Ice to take any swelling down,then heat to re-leave some pain,try slow full range of motion after that.baby steps when doing it.
Taterhead » Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:35 am wrote:[quote="Taterhead » Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:41 pm

Sorry, I was channeling my inner flatcat.