Which is the ugly duckling?

izzo
Site Admin
Title: Save a pimp, Rent a bitch.
Cars: Too many

Re: The never ending Project(s)

Post by izzo » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:46 pm

The black 82 210.

The transmission is out so it can be sold easier. Comes with driveline/shifter/slave/collar/fork. I did a lot of research and scoured the internet to see what they were selling for. Rebuilt, non-rebuilt, location, how many bids etc. b210/210 5 speeds are selling for more than I thought! Shit oh mighty. I emailed Rivergate to inform them of which transmission I have, and if anyone is looking for one around this area to let me know. I had a few emails from localish people wanting it, then when I emailed rivergate the emails started pouring in! Should sell soon for a good price, too.

All the rest of the 210 is for sale, needs to be GONE. Don't want it in my driveway anymore lol. I am pulling the motor out. Selling the motor as 1 piece, pan to cover. No dizzy/alt/flywheel. The control arms and tension control rods are going to J-Rock

Anyone need anything else off it let me know. I don't want the car and just want it gone. Has clean title. If anyone wants it let me know. We can load it onto your trailer, then I will pull the control rods and lower control arms after its up on the flatbed. IDK, I would let the car go for free really just to see someone get it
8========D ~~~ ( o Y o )
jayden71: titty ponk
devilsbullet wrote: 1400 obo. and best offer doesn't mean 300 bucks you cheap bastards

DRIVEN

Post by DRIVEN » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:05 pm

Rob the 3rd member. It is an easy upgrade in a 1200 housing with a thin spacer. I seem to remember reading that the 210 steering box is an upgrade for a 510. Quicker ratio? I don't remember.
When the only tool you have is a hammer every problem starts to look like a hippy.

izzo
Site Admin

Post by izzo » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:24 am

Thanks man, ill have to lookup the steering box deal.

Adam (redbanner) and Dguy210 said the same thing about the third member lol.
8========D ~~~ ( o Y o )
devilsbullet wrote: 1400 obo. and best offer doesn't mean 300 bucks you cheap bastards

flatcat19
Title: AKA Smoke
Cars: Smaller. Better. Slower. Lower.

Post by flatcat19 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:52 pm

PM datsunfreak. He may need a few bits off of it. I know he has a 210 that is missing stuff.

izzo
Site Admin

Post by izzo » Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:39 pm

There's a ford ranger in my line up. 94, 4.0 automatic. 160k on the clock

Didn't charge when I got it, also dummy lights didn't work. Everything works now except the turn signals. The front bulbs are burned out. It needs plates, tabs, tires. Oil change & filter, needs trans fluid change & filter. Spark plugs... It sat for 3 or 4 years. Should dump the coolant and start over fresh with that too.
8========D ~~~ ( o Y o )

DRIVEN

Post by DRIVEN » Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:56 pm

Don't flush it too hard or you'll be going back in for an intake gasket set and timing cover gasket. Head gaskets won't be far behind.
People seem to like old Rangers. I'd concentrate on making it as clean and stock looking as possible. Should have no trouble selling it. I wouldn't plan on making it a permanent part of the fleet.
When the only tool you have is a hammer every problem starts to look like a hippy.

flatcat19
Title: AKA Smoke
Cars: Smaller. Better. Slower. Lower.

Post by flatcat19 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:13 pm

^ That. They are money pits.

Sell it and be happy it's gone.

DRIVEN

Post by DRIVEN » Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:38 pm

Agreed 1000%. They still carry a good reputation though, for whatever reason. Old guys think they're great. If you can find the rare one that's actually been well maintained they aren't bad. I'd still take one over a '94-up S10.
Best of luck with the sale. If it's clean and priced right it'll go quick. Pics?

izzo
Site Admin

Post by izzo » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:12 pm

It's listed on craigslist

8========D ~~~ ( o Y o )

DRIVEN

Post by DRIVEN » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:15 pm

Looks good.
GLWS

izzo
Site Admin

Post by izzo » Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:01 pm

Thanks!

It's not too bad. May drive it around a few minutes... see how it does, but it's up for sale/trade
8========D ~~~ ( o Y o )

izzo
Site Admin

Post by izzo » Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:06 pm

Well holy hell

Some time has passed!! Haven't posted since December 23rd. I need to be more active lol. So a lot has changed around here. I had 6 cars. 6!! I am down to three now. Sold the blue b210 to Josh Holtan. He has taken good care of it and brought it to the next level of getting shit fixed and done. Couldn't be more happy with the new owner. I saw what he did with his 620. And didn't know him that well really. it had been a few years since we talked. But... He came over, we picked up like no time had passed... and he was super happy with it. Even gave me a lil $ on top! Shit what an easy deal that was. Hes really done good for the car.

The black 210 is gone. Albert came and got it. Motor and other parts were sold to Derek Raynor....

My ranger sold to a buddy. I gave it to him for 700 bucks. He timed it, threw some tires on it. Painted the grille. It rips ass! Tons more power now that it's timed and tuned.

I got rid of my 521 and traded it for a 79 620 king cab. I had pulled the valve cover off the l16 in the 521 and noticed the guides were gone..i didn't want to pull the motor again. I just need something I can get in and drive.

I got this 79 620 that was supposed to drive. IT got here and wasn't charging, radiator leaks bad. Replaced the alternator, godo to go. will replace the radiator then time it and tune it and hpefully itll be a driver after that.

I traded my butterscotch b210 back to the guy I got it from for an 83 720 King cab automatic, and an 89 civic 4 door automatic. The civic has been great! Gave it to the wife. She enjoys it. I enjoy driving it. one owner car, super clean. 201k miles. I just redid the front brakes, going to redo the back and it should be good for a while. I can hear a sticky lifter when its cold starting. I will buy a replacement head and swap it when the time comes. It's clean enough it deserves it.

The 720... It does run and drive. But terribly!!!!! I haven't drove it but one time since I got it. The carb needs replaced, steering parts need replaced, power steering pump need replaced... rear brakes need gone thru. I traded my 521 for the 620 so i would have a driver while I worked on my 720. But it turns out the 620 needs work too. Fuck!!! Anyone have a good set of 6 lug wheels and tires? I'm broke as shit and need some tires for this thing badly.....

Anyways. Here's some pictures. I will try and be more active coming up.

The pics aren't in order. but you get it.... again, need 6 lug wheels and tires :(

new 620

521 getting loaded up

josh getting hte b210

The ranger lookin good

The 720

Civic engine bay looking clean
8========D ~~~ ( o Y o )

DRIVEN

Post by DRIVEN » Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:50 pm

I can tell you first hand that sometimes you just need to simplify. Glad you lightened the load a bit, although it looks like you still have plenty of projects.

I'm pretty sure it's not a stick lifter you're hearing on the Honda. Start with a valve adjust but be aware that those engines are prone to some cold piston noise from collapsed skirts. Doesn't really hurt anything so don't worry about it much.
I used to have one of those and have worked on more than I could possibly count. They have their issues but IMO are just great cars.

izzo
Site Admin

Post by izzo » Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:10 pm

Glad to hear it. It starts. runs well. The noise goes away after it warms up. Its not loud even. Just sounds like a sticky valve. I will snag a spare head incase tho. Rather have it on hand. The car is nice enough and clean enough that I would be inclined to fix it if something came up. Motor swap, trans swap, whatever... I really enjoy driving it!

And yes. Too many projects... Got to the point I didn't even want to do anything. Have the 620, and needs a few things worked out. hoping it doesn't have any overheating issues once the radiator is swapped. It was supposed to be a driver..... The 720, it dies when I try to take off. have to fetaher the throttle. I deleted all the emisisons. plugged everything off. I can't find any air leaks via the vacuum system. The stock carb is kinda junky. no power. I have to drive it in first up hills. I ran the Air/Fuel mixture all the way in to tune it, and it just kept running. So i know there is an air leak, and I am pretty sure it's in the carb. The bottom is caked with Grey RTV....
8========D ~~~ ( o Y o )

izzo
Site Admin

Post by izzo » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:53 pm

Updates coming
8========D ~~~ ( o Y o )

izzo
Site Admin

Post by izzo » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:15 pm

Uploaded pics. Got a few more things to do today then I'll get some updates posted
8========D ~~~ ( o Y o )

DRIVEN

Post by DRIVEN » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:56 pm

:|

Laecaon
Site Admin
Cars: '71 510 Wagon, 02 BMW 325i Wagon

Post by Laecaon » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:00 pm

izzo
Site Admin

Post by izzo » Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:55 pm

Lol... sorry, am slow
8========D ~~~ ( o Y o )