Around Waynos house

wayno

Re: Around Waynos house

Post by wayno » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:39 pm

It was 109 at 4pm in my back yard, I jumped in the pool as the water is 80 degrees, it was just right.
I did a tile roof today, off till Monday now.
“The difference between genius and stupidly is that genius has its limits” Albert Einstein

DRIVEN

Post by DRIVEN » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:29 pm

:thumbs:
When the only tool you have is a hammer every problem starts to look like a hippy.

wayno

Post by wayno » Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:10 pm

So what is this for?
It has two connections, one is for the water hose and the other is for compressed air, the water is adjustable by twisting the front black grip, the air is not adjustable on the tool.

It actually works as far as I know, the more water coming out the better it works, but I have no idea what it is for, I seen it at a garage sale for a buck, I bought it and a splitting maul for $3.00 total.

You guys notice that 95 degrees don't seem so bad after living thru a 100 plus degrees the last 3 days.
“The difference between genius and stupidly is that genius has its limits” Albert Einstein

DRIVEN

Post by DRIVEN » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:04 pm

Have you tried it as a siphon feed?
When the only tool you have is a hammer every problem starts to look like a hippy.

wayno

Post by wayno » Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:34 pm

DRIVEN wrote:Have you tried it as a siphon feed?
No, it looks to me like it's supposed to have a garden hose connected to it.
I suppose I could try, I have a bucket and air.

wayno

Post by wayno » Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:44 pm

OK, I connected a short hose to it(8 foot) and tried it, water came out of my pool but not nearly as good as when it was connected to the water outlet, it barely came out and really didn't clean even the mud off the side of the pool, while when it was connected to the garden hose it would actually clean concrete.
It didn't come out steady as a siphon either.
I am fairly sure it's not a sand blasting gun, but I could be wrong.
Every sand blasting gun I ever have had has had different sized tips that I would thread on, this one isn't like that, it's adjustable.

DRIVEN

Post by DRIVEN » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:02 pm

Ok. Was just curious. It definitely doesn't look like my sandblaster.

wayno

Post by wayno » Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:50 pm

Well I started removing rubber pieces and found out what it was.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... L-jMn2qOcQ
When I first tested it in my front yard I thought it would make a great hand gun to clean engine blocks since it is so focused, unlike my pressure washers which blow water every where and the fact that I have to remove them from the trailer and set them up, this might be a better alternative for small jobs especially if the engine is running and hot, it was a buck.

wayno

Post by wayno » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:19 pm

I opened the garage door today to take the short cut between the driveway and garage, the moment I walked in I knew something had died in there, but all the cats were accounted for this morning so it was not one of them.
It turned out to be a small(baby) possum, it likely died of thirst, don't recall how long it has been since I had the garage door open(couple days), so it must have died before that time I had it open, but it got ripe and I could smell it this time, I was out there last night and didn't smell anything, but I was at the other end of the garage at the back door.
Sometimes I worry that one of the cats will come into the garage and I will close the door and it will be trapped, but I count heads in the morning and evening just to keep that from happening.

DRIVEN

Post by DRIVEN » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:38 pm

I'm not jealous. Corpse removal is never fun.

wayno

Post by wayno » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:10 pm

So this morning I mounted 3 tires(P185/60R14), I mounted the 4th one a few days ago to test fit on the 520 driver side rear and I thought it will work, it's very close to rubbing the inner fender, but none of the other sets of tires I have will work, they all rub.
These tires did not go onto the 620 disc brake rims easy, they had to be helped with a sledge, it was like I was trying to put a 13 inch tire on a 14 inch rim, when I put air in them they didn't even want to seat on the rim, and when they did seat it was a very loud pop, 3/4 pops for every rim, and I did use soap, I also installed new valves, never done that before, it was easy with a little soap.
So after I cleaned the gutters out at a couple places and I got home I balanced these 4 tires on my spin balancer, it was very strange, I stick one on, spin it and get the weight on it, then I spin it again and all 4 tires showed 0.00 on the second spin, it is very hard to ever get 0.00 on any tire spin/balance, and I did it 4 times in a row, normally I can spin balance it 5 times and not get 0.00, this is very weird as I am not that good at it, especially since I cannot even read the weight on the lead weights half the time, very strange evening so far.
I got these tires with the 1986 Nissan 720 I hauled home, they were on stock Honda rims with Honda center caps.

It also appears that the laws have changed on automobile cabs, I cannot even give away this 720 cab to a hulk hauler without a title, not sure how I am going to get rid of this cab now, it's up on CL now for free.

DRIVEN

Post by DRIVEN » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:22 am

But you can still drop off your kid at a fire station, no questions asked :rofl: .

wayno

Post by wayno » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:01 am

Yea, it is screwed up isn't it.

wayno

Post by wayno » Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:13 pm

I moved some tires around today after I put X-mas lights up on a customers house, I should not have gotten up on that wet roof but I felt guilty about cancelling last week, this year will likely be my last year for installing X-mas lights on steep roofs.
Anyway I am getting down to having only sets(4 tires) of tires around here, I have 4 sets right now sitting unused, but I just took one set off the 520 and replaced them with wider tires(see 520 thread), all the work truck tires/rims are 620 disc brake rims again, the trailer has 720 rims right now with snow tires(studs removed), I have one set of studded tires on 521 rims, I guess I should not have removed the studs out of the trailer tires, I want studs on all 4 tires if I am going to install them, didn't think about that.

DRIVEN

Post by DRIVEN » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:15 pm

Geez, Wayno. Almost sounds like you need a fleet manager. Turning into a full time job.

wayno

Post by wayno » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:03 pm

I don't spend that much time doing things, and I am certainly not in a hurry, I likely spent over an hour just deciding what tire to put on what rim, then I changed out the tire holder on the trailer so it would hold a 620 disc brake rim as they are wider and it was made for a 521 rim.
The reason for all this activity is I had a guy ask about selling him a spare 521 rim/tire, that is when I noticed I had a 521 rim on the front of the work truck while the other side has a 620 disc brake rim, now everything is the same, 620 rims on the front, dually rims on the rear, 720 rims on the trailer, and both spare tires mounted on the trailer are 620 disc brake rims, I have no idea what the spare under the bed is. :lol:
I have no doubt why this truck trailer weigh so much, everything is backed up in double or triple, when your carrying that much shit around things tend to add up weight wise.

DRIVEN

Post by DRIVEN » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:19 pm

Maybe so, but you never have to walk home.

wayno

Post by wayno » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:10 pm

Your right about that, the last time I had to walk the rest of the way home I had made it within 3 miles out of the 20 miles I had to get home, there was this hill I could not get up.
I walked home, rode my bike back with an electric fuel pump, I installed it and drove home but it still felt funny, I fixed it by blowing air back thru the fuel line, that electric fuel pump has lasted till just recently, the day that my steering fell apart to be exact, and it quits running every once in a while, I fix it by tapping on it with a screw driver.
I am planning on switching the work truck cab to a 1986 720 frame with an electric fuel pump in it now, I am kinda hoping that fuel pump will work with my SUs, but it may need a fuel regulator.
Does the 720 electric fuel pump have a lot of pressure?

wayno

Post by wayno » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:24 pm

Right now I am trying to figure an easy way to move the 720 cab around on rough surfaces, it's out front right now in my way.
I was thinking about making a 4 wheel cart to set it on, but I don't want to make something I will only use once/briefly.

wayno

Post by wayno » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:55 pm

So I bought this tractor the other day, I kinda wish I had not bought it now as it is a classic, but it is mine now so I will work with what I bought.

I also got this,
and this.
It actually started running like crap, at one point I had to have the choke pulled all the way out to keep it running, and when it was shut off I had to pour a little gas down the carb to get it started, today I started it and looked at the carb real close, there was this screw that was talking to me, it was saying "turn me, please turn me", well while the choke was pulled all the way out just to keep it running I turned that screw and the engine started billowing black smoke and then it started to die, I quickly pushed the choke knob in all the way and now it runs great.
Yesterday it started running bad, but before I went inside I put a fuel filter in the line going from the tank to the carb(it had none), I suspect it got some crap in the carb and I am sorta lucky that screw talked me into turning it as I was thinking about rebuilding it if I could or putting one of my pressure washer engine carbs on it, but now it runs great and I drove it up and down the street a couple times to see if it would start acting up, but it ran great.
I do need to get under it and start tightening drive lever connections up, it's real loose, sometimes it keeps moving even though it is supposed to be in neutral, I have to go the other way with the lever to find neutral. it's a hydro drive tractor, I moved the 720 into the back yard with it, it has plenty of power.