Around Waynos house

wayno

Re: Around Waynos house

Post by wayno »

DRIVEN wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 8:45 pm Glad to hear that. Sounds like it was a pretty serious tumble.
I was likely 10' up off the ground, I do not remember much, I do remember getting just past the gutter level and looking at the new gutter covers they had installed, I thought at that moment the gutters are worthless for stopping a fall now, I suspect I made it to the point where I put my foot onto the tile roof and made it up onto the roof then slipped after I let go of the ladder as the owner told me today that the ladder was still leaning against the roof/gutter when a neighbor came over and told him I was on the ground as I was over at his house returning the "wet and forget" product in my sprayer reservoir(12 gallons), this sprayer has wheels and a huge 12 gallon tank, that is over $60.00 worth of product, he was very happy to see me driving and walking around without the walker.

I know that 2 ribs are broken, but according to the Peace Health paperwork I am going to need surgery for the ribs, but I went to the Legacy ER and they did x-rays and did not say I needed anything for my ribs except something to help me sleep because that is what I complained about the most, Peace Health did not discharge me with any prescriptions.

I have to say that I wanted out of that hospital, all the good doctors left that place, even the one that put the stint in me(I got a notice from him he was no longer with that hospital), I said I did not want to go there when the Ambulance arrived according to my customer, but they said the law said they had to take me there, this is what the customer told me about my conversation with them, I do not remember any of it.

MY left leg/foot/toes are working normally again, I drove around today returning his product and to the library where I am right now, I do not know wht th brain bleed did to me, they showed me 2 x-rays showing the bleed and it had not gotten bigger, they told me to not take low dose aspirin as that is a blood thinner, I forgot to ask them how long I should not take it, I expect they would not have ever answered that question since I wanted to be discharged(out of that place).

I have never been hurt this bad falling off a roof(I am older now), the last time I fell from the same height I had no injury(landed on flag stones on my side) I got up and went back to work, but I did not hit my head that time, my helper was 10' away when it happened, I looked at him and told him to shut down the pressure washer, by the time he got back I was on my feet.

I think I am too old for this job, I have called all the customers I scheduled to clean out their gutters and told them I could not do them, legally I can still clean peoples gutters out without being a licensed contractor, but I think I am retired now.

What is worrying me is I have 3 new windows to install in the front of my house, I was expecting to do that in the next couple weeks as I need to get the air-conditioner back in, I hope I heal fast.
“The difference between genius and stupidly is that genius has its limits” Albert Einstein
DRIVEN

Post by DRIVEN »

Don't rush it. The ribs will take time.
When the only tool you have is a hammer every problem starts to look like a hippy.
wayno

Post by wayno »

I had an issue, I went to the library and could not figure out how to open the computer, I went back home and asked my neighbor to take be to the hospital as I thought I was having a stoke, I knew who he was but could not remember his name, or any other name either, I really have messed myself up.

I got out of the hospital yesterday, my ribs are really sore but I know who most people are now, I did not even know my cousin's name, I just knew he lived in a round house(one of them houses made almost completely out of triangles).

I do not seem to have any issues driving, but I go about the same speed as everyone.
“The difference between genius and stupidly is that genius has its limits” Albert Einstein
DRIVEN

Post by DRIVEN »

I assume they checked you out at the hospital. Did they have any prognosis? I'm hoping you were just dehydrated or something minor like that.
When the only tool you have is a hammer every problem starts to look like a hippy.
wayno

Post by wayno »

I expect I just did not know what to ask about my issues so I got very little in the way of prognosis.

I ended up in the ER 3 times, the last time I got a list of what meds to not take and what I can take, the real hard one for me is to stop using Ibuprofen, it is an anti-inflammatory which I need, just being without it my foot swelled up much larger and I am in constant pain only having acetaminophen, this morning I gave up and took 2 Ibuprofen(I normally take 3 pills), I felt so much better but my knee hurts right now as I have not taken any more yet, I was going to save it for sleep, maybe I can get some sleep tonight, the broken ribs are keeping me awake because I cannot find a pain free position

I have 3 broken bones in 2 ribs, a brain bleed(on 6/7/2024), my right lung was slightly damaged, my left cheek bone was broken, and my left eye socket has some minor damage(does not bother me).

They gave me a list of meds I am supposed to start taking, 3 of them I have experience with, if I had continued taking them I would likely be dead already back in 2017.

I am just going to do what makes me comfortable, I see no reason to be in pain all the time, lack of sleep alone will eventually kill me so I see no reason to take something that causes that, lack of sleep makes my blood pressure soar(more experience), last time My blood pressure was 160/92 and 159/98, I quit taking that statin which was on the list to start taking.

I think I am my worst enemy, I cannot stop working on my garden, weeds do not stop rowing just because I am sick.

What I do not get is I fall off a roof and I am supposed to change every medicine I have been taking for years without issues.

I need to be able to get sleep.
Taterhead
Cars: '71 510 - Mine
'72 510 - Sons

Post by Taterhead »

Exhaustion is bad for your body and mind. Blood pressure is a little high but not enough to facilitate losing sleep over.

I hate to hear that you’re having it rough lately but I’m glad the results of the fall didn’t go worse.

You know yourself better than anyone so I would say do what you know your body can handle. Take it easy and try to rest.
wayno

Post by wayno »

Taterhead wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 7:25 am Exhaustion is bad for your body and mind. Blood pressure is a little high but not enough to facilitate losing sleep over.

I hate to hear that you’re having it rough lately but I’m glad the results of the fall didn’t go worse.

You know yourself better than anyone so I would say do what you know your body can handle. Take it easy and try to rest.
My blood pressure was only that high because of the pills they had me on, my average blood pressure is around 115/mid 60 something(118/65 is a common number), and this is without meds to control my blood pressure, when it is hot out and I am splitting wood I have seen low 90 something over low 60s or high 50s, I get dizzy when it is that low and feel bad, I feel better when I drink a lot of water and give my body enough time to hydrate.

I have lost over 30 pounds over the last 7 months, it has nothing to do with my fall recently, I have not been trying to lose weight, it started in December of 2023, I know exactly when it started.
BLUE
Cars: (3) s30's , (2) s130's

Post by BLUE »

Please continue
DRIVEN » Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:24 am wrote:
1. Make progress until broke.
2. Go make mo money.
3. Repeat.
wayno

Post by wayno »

BLUE wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 10:23 pmPlease continue
I appear to be alright now, I am back to installing the pavers I planned to do before falling off the roof, I did about 35' of path over the last couple days, 2 one foot squares on the sides and a 8" X 16" in the middle.

Unfortunately this forum does not have the photo app anymore, and I do not have a photo host anymore either, I do not know how to post the URL way either.

If I knew how to install the photo thing I would, but I am not a computer guy, Jacob would have to do it, I have not heard from him in a while now, I emailed him about NWD going dead, I think he brought it back to life, he has not asked me for anything so far, I said I would pay the costs.
wayno

Post by wayno »

I finally split and stacked the cottonwood firewood into the south end of the wood shed, it was stacked just outside the wood shed and a lot of it was 36" wide, I had to cut the long pieces in half and then quarter half of them as they were large, this wood was free, I hope it burns good.

I tried using a URL converter to post a photo of my last completed paver path, but the maximum allowed characters is 60,000, the converted URL photo had 222,442 characters, so that option is not available to us, I will keep searching for an alternative.
Taterhead
Cars: '71 510 - Mine
'72 510 - Sons

Post by Taterhead »

Nice. Getting ready for the cold months.

Down here we have a few cold weeks, that’s pretty much it.
wayno

Post by wayno »

It took a lot of time to do what I did in my garden(pavers), I did it for 2 reasons, to try and reduce dirt being tracked into my house because mud is sticky, and to reduce the weeds in walking paths.

As for the Wood, I got it during wood burning season and I did not want to block dry wood, so I piled it next to my Raspberries in the open and left a 4' wide path to get the dried wood out of the shed, I opened up one of my wood bays(moved that wood to another half empty bay with dried wood), and I put this wood in that now empty bay, I tested it with my moisture meter and a lot is dry enough to burn now, I plan to use this wood ASAP, but according to a search, this Cottonwood burns best with other wood combined with it, so half cottonwood/half fir.
BLUE

Post by BLUE »

Im back
2. Go make mo money.
3. Repeat.
wayno

Post by wayno »

BLUE wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 5:20 pmIm back
Welcome back
wayno

Post by wayno »

This is a test for my Post image account I have not used in years, I think this is going to work, this is the last paver row I installed maybe a month ago, it is likely the last large section of pavers I will do.

It took a couple tries to figure it out but I succeeded, I will have photos for my posts again.
BLUE

Post by BLUE »

That looks great !
2. Go make mo money.
3. Repeat.
wayno

Post by wayno »

I am going to start selling Datsun/Nissan parts on Craigslist, I put my 2 sets Belltech 2005 Nissan 720 drop spindles up already.

I have a lot of rare hard to find parts.
BLUE

Post by BLUE »

I think you should !

Try offerUp as well. Facebook marketplace still apparently is king , but i dont use it much.
2. Go make mo money.
3. Repeat.
wayno

Post by wayno »

BLUE wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2024 2:01 pm I think you should !

Try offerUp as well. Facebook marketplace still apparently is king , but i dont use it much.
I have never used Facebook in any form, I have looked at offerup but have never bought anything from it, I guess I just have never wanted anything bad enough.

I had code enforcement leave a notice on my door Friday, I remedied the issue and talked with them today at their office, they are going to stop by and take a photo and close the case.
wayno

Post by wayno »

I had a tree removed that died rather quickly, it went from completely Green to Brown in two months, at one month only the tips of the branches were green, normally I thought they died evenly, all at once, but not this one.

Here it is from my backyard and the sky it blocked when I was observing with my telescope.

Here it is gone from my backyard view of the sky.

And here is my front yard now, this camera does not focus well, but one gets the idea, turning onto my street looks strange now.