Vancouver PicknPull 1979 620 (March 11, 2014)

METSystem

Vancouver PicknPull 1979 620 (March 11, 2014)

Post by METSystem » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:21 am

http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/ptd/4370048386.html

1975 620 Pickup @ Vancouver PicknPull (they actually have it mislabeled, it's a 1979 620 Standard Cab according to the Vin plate and the nameplates on the fenders)

I saw the listing on Craigslist so I headed to the Vancouver PicknPull this afternoon (Tues. 3/11) to take a look and see what it may have that I might want for my 77.

#1-The Bed has bad cancer, so don't bother.
#2-The Tailgate is okay, not perfect but has latch issues. Those issues could pertain to how badly the bed is rusted and splayed outward.
#3-Taillights are good, the drivers side is still there. (I bought the passenger side).
#4-The Back Window is a slider, the gasket is still like rubber, and flexible, but it has some overspray from when the truck was painted from Orange to Camouflage.
#2-The Driver Door is Good! (But the lock cylinders are gone. . . mainly because they're mine now!)
#3-No Tach.
#5-Glove Box Door looks pretty, but has no hinges!
#6-Turn Signal Switch is Gone.
#7-Door Cards are gone.
#8-Windshield has a Rock Star behind the rear view mirror, other than that it's in good shape.
#9-Drivers Fender - BAD Cancer.
#10-Radiator Support - Bad Cancer on Drivers side.
#11-Passenger Fender - BAD Cancer.
#12-Get this. . . Front Chrome Bumper is 100% perfect on the outside!!!!! No kidding!
#13-Hood in good shape as far as I could see. . . Except the terrible camouflage paint job on it.
#14-Antenna is there, not broken and I couldn't get the dang thing off if my life depended on it! Besides, when I got home, my antenna is on the passenger side, and this one was on the drivers side! They'd probably swap, but the aggravation may not be worth it!
#15-In Dash Switches (Headlight, Windshield Wiper and Washer and Dimmer) are all there.
#16-Ash Tray is present, but sitting on the seat.
#17-4 Speed Transmission is present.
#18-L20B is unmolested.
#19-Carburetor is unmolested.
#20-Rear-end is present, but I did not check to see if it's been opened.

----------------
It's a truck that has some good and some bad. This is the newer write up between this one and the one posted in the "Wrecking Yard Sightings" here on NWD. There are other Datsun's and Nissan pickups that I observed while there, and I took notes on them and will get them written up shortly. Hope this helped someone!
There comes a time when reliving your youth, requires the acquisition of a Datsun, like the one you drove in high school and the other one when you were just done with college. The issue then becomes. . . Fitting again, behind the wheel!