510freak
Global Moderator
Title: DJ Jazzy Lou
Cars: Boo no 510 lol

Re: Escape From the Prison Planet

Post by 510freak » Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:18 am

The appliance wheels suit it.

Hows Texas
Taterhead » Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:35 am wrote:[quote="Taterhead » Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:41 pm

Sorry, I was channeling my inner flatcat.

DRIVEN

Post by DRIVEN » Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:55 am

510freak wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:18 am
The appliance wheels suit it.
Agreed. They've been on it since 1970.

510freak wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:18 am
Hows Texas
A distant memory. On to the next one.
When the only tool you have is a hammer every problem starts to look like a hippy.

DRIVEN

Post by DRIVEN » Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:52 pm

Landed in Boise Thursday at noon. Drove home and did a load of laundry. Racked my wife's car, yanked the wheels and threw them in the back of my trusty Vibe, and headed for Portland.
The next morning I went to my old shop and mounted a new set of tires on my wife's wheels while my old coworker did an alignment on my work car. Then dinner and way too much tequila with some friends.
Saturday morning snagged a quick visit with my chiropractor, late breakfast with my brother, then headed back home. That leads me to the main purpose for my turn N burn trip...car shopping.

Remember all the work I did on this so that my daughter would have a nice reliable car?

Well apparently 3 pedals are just too much work. So what does any good father do? Buy the clone of what she refers to as the ugliest car ever made.

Haha, you little brat. Enjoy being twinsies with your asshole dad.

So if any of you guys know anyone who might be interested in a recently restored '95 Neon, lemme know
When the only tool you have is a hammer every problem starts to look like a hippy.

DRIVEN

Post by DRIVEN » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:04 pm

Today was just a busy maintenance day. Oil changes on 3 cars and an Indian. Then washed 4 cars. Then built a little heel guard to try and keep my boot off my exhaust. Hope it works.

Two more jobs left on this Toyota project and I'll have s few days off before I head out on a 2 week long Honda job. Lots of tasks to be done before I leave.

wayno

Post by wayno » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:08 pm

Kids are so spoiled these days, my first car after getting my license was a 1963 Rambler with an automatic that didn't even have reverse and I was lucky to get it.
“The difference between genius and stupidly is that genius has its limits” Albert Einstein

DRIVEN

Post by DRIVEN » Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:06 pm

Yup. I'm beyond pissed about the subject. When I think about all the time and money I spent on that car all I can do is shake my head. She's the worst. Pretty much the perfect millennial cliche.

DRIVEN

Post by DRIVEN » Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:34 am

Spent most of yesterday moving stuff from my dad's shop to my house. Most of it has been in storage there for a year and a half. There is an unused 12x20ish office/reloading/fly tieing/storage room in his shop that was Tetrised completely full of boxes and furniture. There was also quite a bit on the mezzanine above it and some just outside the room.
Several loads in my El Camino and my dad's box trailer. My wife has a lot of books. And by a lot, I mean thousands. My garage and basement are filling up fast.

We also rearranged all my steel, the tool boxes, and equipment that is on wheels. Why the sudden cleanup? Stay tuned. Big project news at Thanksgiving.

flatcat19
Title: AKA Smoke
Cars: Smaller. Better. Slower. Lower.

Post by flatcat19 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:17 am

Is that a box of Legos, right behind the driver's seat?

DRIVEN

Post by DRIVEN » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:43 am

Hell yeah, it is. The box next to it is full as well as the 2 Rubbermaid drawer sets in the opposite corner.

DRIVEN

Post by DRIVEN » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:50 am

Finally saw and talked to my builder after almost 2 months. We discussed the retaining wall and a few other remaining issues. He also dropped off my garage man-door and what was supposed to be the correct front door. It wasn't. After 6 months, I'm tired of fucking around and just called it close enough. The installer came and swapped them out this morning.

Before:
After:

They both look okay, right? Well, neither are what I ordered. The first was Hemlock but otherwise close. Was supposed to have 3 panels on the bottom though. The second was at least the correct species, Knotty Alder, but also came in with only 2 panels and somehow lost the arched lights. They remembered the shelf at least. Should have been flat panels with square sticking like the Hemlock door though.

At this point...whatever. it looks fine to most people. Just not at all what I ordered.

flatcat19
Title: AKA Smoke
Cars: Smaller. Better. Slower. Lower.

Post by flatcat19 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:36 pm

What jerks.

DRIVEN

Post by DRIVEN » Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:16 pm

Meh, white people problems. I'm tired of complaining and being mad about it. It's a nice house and, aside from me, no one will care about the door.

Just got back from a nice relaxing 125 mile loop. Probably my last ride of the year. Predictably, I ran out to the reservoir and back. Summer is definitely over. On the 22 miles up the river to the campgrounds and the 22 miles back down, I passed exactly 2 vehicles. It got cloudy on me too. Luckily I had decided on gloves and a full face helmet before I left home.
My turn around spot was the boat ramp at the furthest south campground. The water isn't ridiculously low, it's just a real long ramp. There are 2 much shorter ones between it and the dam.

The lake is really only about 30' down right now. The lower river was kind of low so it doesn't appear that they're letting much out of the dam at this point.

About halfway between the dam and where you break out of the canyon is this pretty nice house. It looks well kept but I've never seen any signs of occupants. No visible electrical service and a huge propane tank makes me think it's pretty off-grid.

I stopped at the little bridge that crosses the river at the mouth of the canyon.

Just a few farmland shots on the way home. Looks like they're pretty well wrapped up until next spring.

For the record, all of that is extreme eastern Oregon. But when the revolution comes Idaho will be quick to annex it. Eastern Oregonians will probably welcome our embrace.

I have to say, the more miles I put on this Indian, the more I like it. I typically ride like the cautious old man that I am but I ran it a little harder on my way home. It just devours the two-lane country roads and seems really happy at about 80. Also, I'm currently running pure gas and it's never run better. Noticable improvement over the ethanol blend we get at most stations around here.

wayno

Post by wayno » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:34 pm

A bridge without guard rails, they must not care about you people over there. :lol:
“The difference between genius and stupidly is that genius has its limits” Albert Einstein

DRIVEN

Post by DRIVEN » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:43 am

Haha, they probably don't. That little bridge is just wide enough for a full size pickup to cross and maybe 20' long. I had to go about 1/8 mile on a little gravel side spur to get to it. It's visible from the main road though.
There aren't any guardrails anywhere on that road though. It's really narrow with a lot of sharp, blind corners with really steep drops where it runs along the side of the lake. Not a single guardrail. Zoom this pic and you can see what I'm talking about on the right side.

510freak
Global Moderator
Title: DJ Jazzy Lou
Cars: Boo no 510 lol

Post by 510freak » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:51 am

That some cool looking backdrop!
Taterhead » Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:35 am wrote:[quote="Taterhead » Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:41 pm

Sorry, I was channeling my inner flatcat.

Taterhead
Cars: '71 510 - Mine
'72 510 - Sons

Post by Taterhead » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:05 am

Yep I’d be dead. Wouldn’t be able to keep my eyes off the scenery long enough to look at the road.

DRIVEN

Post by DRIVEN » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:12 pm

Still not completely unpacked yet but getting closer. If you're curious how I'm getting along without a shop right now, it's like this.

I had been parking the 4 bikes side by side behind the Cutlass (under the cover) but moved the TWs so I'd have better access to the toolbox. The boxes stacked around the '35 should be gone shortly after Thanksgiving as most are Christmas stuff that hasn't made it to the basement yet. My wife's car lives in the empty spot in the middle. The Neon might be sold as of tomorrow leaving the Smell Camino as the short straw holder for the winter.

wayno

Post by wayno » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:50 pm

Lots of room in that garage. :)

DRIVEN

Post by DRIVEN » Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:29 pm

It'd be huge if had less stuff. I just can't figure out how.

wayno

Post by wayno » Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:59 pm

That is what the basement is for, storage of stuff not needed right away.