210 rear brakes

izzo
Site Admin
Title: Save a pimp, Rent a bitch.
Cars: Too many

210 rear brakes

Post by izzo » Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:04 pm

Curious.

Are the 79 210 rear brakes self adjusting? I swapped old shoes with new shoes. and the drum went back on fine. I tried adjusting it some as there is a little star inside, but i don't know if i'ts self adjusting?

the little star is on the e-brake assembly. I pulled the e brake a bunch of times and took it for a spin hitting the brakes a bunch. it slows down and stops like it should now but i want to make sure it's adjusted right before letting her scoot to work in it.
8========D ~~~ ( o Y o )
jayden71: titty ponk
devilsbullet wrote: 1400 obo. and best offer doesn't mean 300 bucks you cheap bastards

izzo
Site Admin

Re: 210 rear brakes

Post by izzo » Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:43 pm

Found my book.

210 is self adjusting with the parking brake cable. So I will jerk it a few more times (bahah) and make sure its nice and set I suppose. Time to do a little more reading.
8========D ~~~ ( o Y o )
devilsbullet wrote: 1400 obo. and best offer doesn't mean 300 bucks you cheap bastards

datsunmike

Post by datsunmike » Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:27 pm

It's a ratchet assy. When there is enough brake shoe movement from wear, the lever can move behind the star wheel and moves it one click tighter on the return stroke, which removes the slack. It should try to do this automatically any and every time you use the brakes but only actually adjusts it when thee is sufficient slack.... and only if the star wheel is well lubed and not seized up.

If retracting the shoes in order to remove the drums you will have to reach in with a screw driver and push this lever away from the star wheel as it will not allow loosening.

The 720 got these around '82/'83
My Datsuns, like good friends, have never let me down. At least in any way that was not understandable and thus fixable.

izzo
Site Admin

Post by izzo » Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:38 pm

oh? I thought the 80 had them also. Could be wrong, All i did was replace the wheel cylinder a few years back and can't remember wtf it was like in there. But the brakes have always held tight even after 14k miles have been put on. E-Brake is dead on, and so are the brakes. right at the top like they should be. stops very well.
8========D ~~~ ( o Y o )

izzo
Site Admin

Post by izzo » Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:19 pm

nevermind.

I do remember now. they have the star adjusters at the bottom. you can get to them from behind the backing plate and there is a rubber cover....
8========D ~~~ ( o Y o )