How to restore brake master cylinder reservoirs

Forum rules
All advice given here is advice from persons using these forums,these opinions are not of the websites owners,and must be used at own discretion.
nwdatsuns does not verify the accuracy of given advice

This section is for informational How to's
Including, how to on datsuns, general technical, fabrication, electrical etc. Not limited to those, but for real information.
The how to make eggs and sammiches should go under General Discussion, as those topics aren't indexed for searches.
Taterhead
Cars: '71 510 - Mine
'72 510 - Sons

How to restore brake master cylinder reservoirs

Post by Taterhead » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:17 am

I can't take credit for this as I directly stole it from GERMS thread on the Ratsun for you guys that don't go there. I haven't tried it either but the picture looks pretty convincing.

Whitening Master Cylinder Reservoirs Instructions:

1. Rinse with water inside and out, scrub using a small plastic brush using dish washer detergent and or hand cleaner (anything that devolves oils). Rinse and dry.

2. Go to Sally's Beauty Supply or any hair salon supply store and buy a bottle of Salon Care 40 Volume Creme Developer. Or order it online, https://www.amazon.c...B004OKDW20?th=1

3. With a small paint brush, cover the Salon Care cream over the the reservoir inside and out thoroughly. Use latex gloves or else your skin will get lightly irritated. (I didn't use gloves but was very careful and only smeared a little on my fingers)

4. Place the reservoir in an air tight zip bag.

5. Leave the reservoir in the bag outside in the sun all day. In the evening, rinse the cream with water and repeat the process several times. I did it two or three times to get the results shown in the picture.

6. You can also buy a UV light and place it under that.

That's it.

izzo
Site Admin
Title: Save a pimp, Rent a bitch.
Cars: Too many

Re: How to restore brake master cylinder reservoirs

Post by izzo » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:59 pm

Holy shit man lol. THat turned out pretty nice
8========D ~~~ ( o Y o )
jayden71: titty ponk
devilsbullet wrote: 1400 obo. and best offer doesn't mean 300 bucks you cheap bastards

DRIVEN

Re: How to restore brake master cylinder reservoirs

Post by DRIVEN » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:32 pm

:shock:
When the only tool you have is a hammer every problem starts to look like a hippy.