Around Waynos house

wayno

Re: Around Waynos house

Post by wayno » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:47 pm

I will say those folks running that show kept thanking us for being there, everyone that even said a word thanked all of us for being there, even us that were not picked were thanked on the way out of the courtroom by the bailiff.
My brush with the law ended in a deal(a good deal), 3 months and 2 years probation, then all my rights were reinstated, my deal was what politicians kids got when they got in trouble.
“The difference between genius and stupidly is that genius has its limits” Albert Einstein

Laecaon
Site Admin
Cars: '71 510 Wagon, 02 BMW 325i Wagon

Post by Laecaon » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:29 pm

I got jury duty last year. Went through about 45 minutes of questioning. Then they started dismissing everyone. Everyone had quickly figured out what the case was about. I quickly established myself as someone who knew the law, and how to interpret it (which is scary to which ever side is trying to bend the law). Its not that I didnt want to sit through the case, its that I wanted bed more. I was on night shift and had to be at the courthouse at 6am. I slept for like 1 hour.

wayno

Post by wayno » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:02 am

We knew what this case was about, they told us, we even knew it was a he said she said scenario and public employee types were part of it, this was not a clear cut case where anyone was caught with their pants down.
They even spent time talking about who had the burden of proof in this case, meaning if the defense didn't think the prosecutor proved he was guilty without a reasonable doubt, then he didn't see a reason to put his client on the stand, what did we think about that?
The defense attorney spent a lot of time with his arms crossed pacing around talking about how his client had to be proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt, in a nutshell I suspect no one was caught molesting a child, it was a he said she said with circumstantial evidence provided by police officers or some other government type.
We went thru orientation(maybe an hour), then the judge explained the law and asked questions, some questions(same question) were asked several different ways, maybe 3 folks had worked that night and had no sleep, one admitted smoking a legal controlled substance and we went thru a speech of how we could not be on a jury under the influence and we were asked if we could control ourselves, we were being questioned by the judge for way over an hour, then the attorneys each had their chance, it went on and on and thru the whole process bias kept being brought up and preconceived judgement, I am happy I was not picked, this case sounded like there was no smoking gun.
“The difference between genius and stupidly is that genius has its limits” Albert Einstein

wayno

Post by wayno » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:32 pm

I am going to the Shedd Roadster meet tomorrow, last year 54 Roadsters showed up, I am only going for the day, it is a 3 day event for those that want to hang out.

DRIVEN

Post by DRIVEN » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:39 pm

Being back some pics.
When the only tool you have is a hammer every problem starts to look like a hippy.

jtinluvr
Cars: 66' SPL311
72' 521
72' B110

Post by jtinluvr » Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:57 pm

Now that I’m a lot closer to the Neal’s place I really wanted to attend this year but the timing with work/other shows sucked. Already have this penciled in for next year. I’m planning to attend a Subaru show at Ridge Motorsport and the Shasta Datsun meet next month. Wayno, I think you know may who Ted Heaton is. If so, go to whatever Roadster he decides to bring and tell him Mark from Roseburg says his gas cap is not installed correctly. He should get a kick out of that. Ted’s already given me grief for not attending this year.

wayno

Post by wayno » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:48 pm

First time Ted ever seen my Roadster I got grilled about the gas cap.
You belong to the DROPS list?

I have a camera but I ruined the screen at the Brooks meet leaning against my truck with the said camera in my pocket, it works fine around here as I can take a photo/photos and then go inside and transfer them off the card onto the computer and see what they look like and if they are centered, but away from home.................
I will try to remember to take my camera.

jtinluvr
72' 521
72' B110

Post by jtinluvr » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:32 pm

No I am not a DROPS member. Met Ted a few years back at Solvang and up until I moved north he used to stay at my place overnight on his way to Solvang

wayno

Post by wayno » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:50 pm

I think I met Ted because of my NL320 as he also had one and I bought a couple parts from him, I used to drive it to Canby every year, I don't recall if he even knew I had a Roadster, it was actually my first Datsun.

wayno

Post by wayno » Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:54 pm

I believe there were 42 Roadsters total, not a record but still a lot of Roadsters.

jtinluvr
72' 521
72' B110

Post by jtinluvr » Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:26 pm

Nice pics

wayno

Post by wayno » Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:56 pm

Ted laughed out loud when I told him you said his gas cap was on wrong.
Ted says there were 45 roadsters this year, 40 roadsters on the drive I took the photos of, 2 Datsun 620s, and 2 others(newer cars), like I said, my camera screen is toast, so I cannot see what I take photos of till I transfer them to my computer.
It was a fun drive, I was between Teds turbo Roadster(SR20DET) driven by a family member of his, and the one he sold to Tom with a KA in it, I did my best to keep up with the turbo Roadster, the guy said he could hear me coming because of my radiator fan, it's a 7 blade and it's not a clutch fan type.
Last night I bought 2 used cameras of the same type I have, one was cheap but doesn't have a card, battery(Lithium-Ion), or charger, but it appeared to be on in the photos as I could see the screen showing the background it was pointed at that I could also see, I have everything(battery/card/charger) needed to make it a good camera and it was cheap, the other one was also used but came with everything including the box, and a good large capacity card, I bought it for half the price I bought mine for without a card, and they claimed it was in very good condition(slightly used), I hope it works properly as was suggested.
The reason I like this type or camera is because it focuses the best up close compared to any other camera I have had/owned, the drawback is the Lithium-Ion battery, it lasts alright, but my other cameras just used AA batteries and I could just put a new set in anytime I needed, I have to charge the Lithium-Ion battery at home.
I also learned some stuff I didn't know about Roadsters today, the 67.5 Roadsters had combined oil/temp and amp/fuel gauges, and 64 Roadsters had front disc brakes, I remember looking at a couple Roadsters back in the 90s, one had the combined gauges, the other had front drum brakes, so I was looking at a 67.5 and an early 64 Roadster, I could have bought both of them, but I didn't know what I was looking at, and they looked like rust buckets to me.

wayno

Post by wayno » Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:02 pm

More photos that Ted took.