My 1969 Datsun 521 kingcab diesel

wayno

Re: My 1969 Datsun 521 kingcab diesel

Post by wayno » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:30 am

I just tried editing my post to add a photo, I picked one photo and opened it, I waited over 15 minutes for the status bar to do anything other than what had happened right away(had a sliver of blue in the light gray), nothing happened.
Like I said, the issue likely is that I have an outdated browser, and if I try upgrading it will over heat the computer and it will crash.
“The difference between genius and stupidly is that genius has its limits” Albert Einstein

Laecaon
Site Admin
Cars: '71 510 Wagon, 02 BMW 325i Wagon

Post by Laecaon » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:36 am

Posting pictures by hosting elsewhere still works and is probably better long term (I will probably have to lock down sharing photos from here). I can also try to get the postimage sharer working again.

DRIVEN

Post by DRIVEN » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:59 am

I preferred Postimage to what we have now.
When the only tool you have is a hammer every problem starts to look like a hippy.

wayno

Post by wayno » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:39 pm

I completely forgot I had a Postimage acct, I could not remember my password or anything else about it, so I tried signing in under my email address and then asked for a password retrieval, I am in now.
Unfortunately I have the same issue, it will not upload images from my computer to the Postimage site, I expect for the same reason that I cannot attach photos using the full editor here.
“The difference between genius and stupidly is that genius has its limits” Albert Einstein

wayno

Post by wayno » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:36 pm

I have no idea if this postimage will work or not, it would not load the image the normal way so I dragged the photo from my photos to the reply field. 0.8 MB DSC00087.JPG Check Error

Didn't work

I went to Blue Lake today with the truck, most the day was great, then this guy came up to me that I have seen before in the past, as I recall I went to his house and looked at his truck a few years ago(he said 6 years ago), anyway I have seen him since then without any issues, well today he wanted to talk to me alone and we went out away from the crowd, he then started accusing me of stealing parts off his 720 truck, he said he had it on a video, I kept asking what parts and he said I used a pocket knife to steal a part, I told him I don't carry a pocket knife and asked again what part I stole, I never did get an answer to that question, I then started saying I didn't steal anything from him over and over, I got real concerned when he started acting aggressive so I started walking towards the crowd during the awards part while saying we could talk over there as I wanted witnesses by then, things went down hill after that, he said something about breaking my windows in my truck and a few people gathered around me.
He kept accusing me of stealing parts off his 720 and kept saying it was on video while walking away, I regret saying to post the video online, as he came back, at some point I quit saying anything and waited for him to leave while he ranted the whole time, he finally walked away saying I stole parts from him, then he walked back by a ways away and walked straight to my truck and he looked inside my cab then he walked away(I am 10 cars away), he walked towards the east of the parking area and then ended back 2 cars away from my truck again.
At some point another guy walked away with him and talked with him for a while, he came back and said the guy said I stole the center caps off his truck, he also said I stole a decorative piece off the arm rest that hides the screw holding the armrest on, that is how I found out what pieces he said I stole.
I moved my truck closer to where I was as I was afraid the guy would vandalize it, by that time the show was over and people were leaving so I left as I felt uncomfortable, normally I am one of the last to leave.
It was a great show to the point where that guy showed up, from what I gather others have had issues with this guy in the past at Canby, but I didn't know this when I went and looked at his truck several years ago, he seemed like a nice guy until today.

DRIVEN

Post by DRIVEN » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:08 pm

Wow. You're probably about the last person on earth I'd worry about stealing from me. I guess you have plenty of witnesses if he follows through with any of his threats.
Are you not naming names to be the bigger man or just don't remember who he is?
When the only tool you have is a hammer every problem starts to look like a hippy.

wayno

Post by wayno » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:09 pm

Fact is I do not remember his name, he is the one that claimed the overnight campers at Canby had drugged him, he even mentioned that fact right there in front of maybe 4 people, Darren, Josh, and a couple others standing there, I cannot remember who he was talking to when he said that, I believe that he said something about breaking my windows and Darren??? told him it's not going to happen here, it might have been the big guy that said that, someone also said something about the police and having him kicked out of the park, things were not going good at all.
Fact is I do not remember minute for minute how things went now, I was stunned that it was happening to me.
I have parts for sale on Craigslist and I am now thinking I don't want strangers coming to my house anymore.

Laecaon
Site Admin
Cars: '71 510 Wagon, 02 BMW 325i Wagon

Post by Laecaon » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:24 pm

Yea, Josh told me about it.

Josh said it seemed the guy was on something. Also a rather large individual. And that the ordeal lasted about 30 minutes.

DRIVEN

Post by DRIVEN » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:30 am

Crazy times.